• rambaldi
    rambaldi

Here is my story.

I shun you.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Here is my story.

I shun you.

How cute. Don't forget to tell your pal's how you tore into the evil apostates, brought them to their knees and left them bleeding in the dirt. I know I'll have a sleepless night with someone like you on the prowl.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere, sounds interesting, how did they find out?

There were several JWs who worked at the same company. Apparently one of them saw me and told the elders.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I'm reminded of the episode of Family Guy where Stewie goes to Lois "... life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!" and then he opens the box to reveal a bunch of active grenades, threatening her to return his mind-control device. Lois just goes "awww sweety you just want your toy back, here you go." Then Stewie goes "Yes, well... Victory is mine!" then trots off and the grenades blow up in his face.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

It broke my heart when our youngest daughter called to tell us her grandmother told her she shouldn't talk to her father now that he is DF'd. Since we went public with our story we have received so many calls of support from our community. The concept of shunning is so unnatural to everyone except for JWs and a few other extreme religious groups.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hey Mr and Mrs Rockey. I'm shunning my JW family because they are shunning my sister who is DF'd. The want to have contact with me still because I technically am not DF'd and I have their only grandchildren.

I find it funny is I am a known apostate (now anyway a TV interview will do that) and yet because the elders don't have the balls to call me to a JC they are willing to talk to me and not my sister.

My sister by-the-way has been shunned by my parents since she was 17 years old and is now 19.

Kwin

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Kwin, I am so sorry about you and your sister. Rocky and I have the only grandchildren, both of whom have not chosen the JW path of life. And I find it interesting that the elders are leaving you alone. Rocky and I have spent the last 7 or so years trying to quietly fade, so as not to cause problems with their shunning policy, but the local elders couldn't leave us alone. We are hoping publicity about shunning will help folks like you and your sister. There should be full disclosure to people before they join a religious organization. Currently, people who study with JWs are not told of the policy on matters such as disfellowshipping and disassociation. I believe much heartache would be avoided if there is full disclosure. Shunning is something that should have been left in the Dark Ages.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mr Rocky,

have you read the directions from the Danish Branch Office on Silentlambs?

Why have you not been exonerated and reinstated? This enormous change in policy means that you did not do anything reprehensible and should not be shunned. Unless the change only happened in Denmark of course...

But then - you get DF for organ transplant, vaccination, when those policies changed did this happen??? Naw - they want you to grovel on your bellies to them.

HB

• Ticker
    Ticker

If you want to read of some experiences of absolute horrifying shunning I suggest reading ISOCF the chapter entitled the "missuse of disfellowshipping." It may give you some ideas as to what you could say. DFing a 91 year old man who gave his entire life to the society and was punted to the curb with total loss of all companions over a suspicion that he may have discussed scriptures with another person. Someone ill and in poor health that never presented any threat to the congregation in any way, who merely discussed some scriptures in private with a friend, in one moment could have a lifetime of loyal service and companions stroked off, with no family to care for his needs. Absolutely sickening and the list goes on. Sure shows how the society cares for ones who give their lives to its service, no better then a large corporation bringing down the axe to save face at any cost. Real turncoats and sleezeball tactics if you ask me.

Ticker

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

MarkfromCali wrote: "I'm reminded of the episode of Family Guy where Stewie goes to Lois "... life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!" and then he opens the box to reveal a bunch of active grenades, threatening her to return his mind-control device. Lois just goes "awww sweety you just want your toy back, here you go." Then Stewie goes "Yes, well... Victory is mine!" then trots off and the grenades blow up in his face."

LoL, that one rocked!

Personally I left before reaching the age of baptism, but my older brother was Disfellowshipped and shunned for the following reasons: His wife commited adultery. My brother, in rage, committed adultery to get even. Then she, threatened with DF, regretted her actions, and was taken back in. My brother didn`t regret, and he refused to forgive his wife, and they were consequently divorced. He was then DFed, she was allowed to stay, on the grounds that he refused to say to the elders "I regret my actions", as he saw that as an issue between him and God. He went thru horrible ordeals in getting to see his daughters, but the worked hard on it, threatened with legal actions, and was allowed to see them. The daughters are now grown, and one of them has severe psycological problems due to all that mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit