formal declaration of shenanagins on my dear deluded mother

by colorado5591 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

(crying as I write)

(ip_sec and my) mother getting married on Wednesday in her best friends backyard, asked her if I could come, and she says to me........

(her BFF) because I am not reinstated. said also that she does not want my attendance to make anyone "uncomfortable" and those other people need to be taken into consideration. so, I call her 24 hours later and she still has not asked Jo.

[edit] pity invite. I refuse to be so easily cast away and treated as if I have some kind of highly contagious social disease.

Thanks Mom, I am really running to get reinstated now! By golly, you betcha!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs! that really sucks!

• Carol
    Carol

That is the pits...when my sister was married in the KH, I was not df'd, but I wasn't attending meeting...I was allowed to be her Bridesmaid....my brother was df'd at the time, he attended with his family and was treated as if he were a wordly person.

In this case your Mom isn't getting married at the KH (what's up with that??), so I'd go anyway for the wedding and see how things go!

Hugs and empathy!

• Huxley
    Huxley

Another example of this childish club hurting people and families...so sorry....

Huxley

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

In the UK isn't it law that no one can be barred from a wedding and that's why they must be in a public place? It would be interesting to see if the local cong tried to bar access to a uk wedding because that's illegal.

• delilah
    delilah

My heart aches for you Colorado....what a fine, loving organization, that comes between a mother and daughter, on what's supposed to be a happy day for all family members.....chin up hun, sending lots of hugs your way. I hope it works out for you,( to be able to attend.)

Delilah

• Mystery
    Mystery

I completely agree with Delilah.

Hugs to you.
  • colorado5591
    colorado5591

I think I should go and stand just outside the property line in my pretty dress with a picket sign!

Any other good ideas on how to crash a wedding without actually being at the wedding?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hmmm.......bees in the air conditioning vents?

skunk scent or itching powder in the wedding car?

yeah i'm evil but i hate weddings as much as i hated marriage lol

• luna2
    luna2

Actually, hon, I do just what you suggested...only without the picket sign. I'd just stand there in your pretty dress, looking on from a distance with a sad face, making her and the rest of those bozos feel guilty. I'd decline any invitation to join the group, and once the ceremony was over, I'd turn and walk away. Would your husband come with you? It would be hard to do that alone, I think.

Okay, maybe a sign hanging around your neck would be amusing.

or...you could march around out front as people were arriving.

(I'd prolly do none of these things as I am a big chicken.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit