formal declaration of shenanagins on my dear deluded mother

by colorado5591 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Here is why this is so confusing.

My mother and I have always been close and had an honest relationship with each other. She makes it clear that she loves me even tho I am DF'ed. When I go visit her, I can stay at her house, we eat together, and shop together.

It is the sheer hypocrisy of it all. When it is just me and her, everything is great! Happy times, we ask each other for advice and share really deep moments. I treasure these things and admire her for reasons inumerable. However, when she is around other people, she acts as if I am a stranger and tries to hide me. How can you tell your daughter that you are proud of her and be ashamed at the same time?

I don't understand why she feels the need to seek the approval of the majority when it compromises her approval of self? All I want is to be there on her special day, standing at the back, ib the corner with a smile on my face. My dad treated her like crap for 30 years and she was never happy. She has finally found someone who can make her feel special and loved and that is very persdonal and special for me too.

I think I may just kick her an email? Or maybe talk to my soon to be stepfather? There are so many angles to approach this, I want to choose the right one because even if she were to tell me to get out of her life completly, I would always be waiting in the wings for her.

Where in the hell is IP_SEC when you need him????? lazy good for nothin brother! I need advice and consolation. Having never been a JW, my husband only understands to a point....bummer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Detestable. How about a sign that says 'jehovah's witnesses break up families'?

S

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

((((colorado))))

I know baby, I know...

Its all about keeping up appearences. Stoopid stoopid stoopid, rightiousness in self. I'll call ya later.

Matt

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

You know that British show called Keeping Up Appearances, Hyacinth's grody hillbilly side of the family reminds me of Michael and company.....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Aims! That was exactly the show I was thinking of when I said that!!!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

you are like my brotha from the same motha........

I wish you were here to enjoy all the brisket, beer, and blowin shit up! We got a truckload of fireworks!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

hey Im tryin to call you it just rings and rings... Yall out havin too much fun?

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

call me at my house, my cell is dead and i have no voicemail, ill send you my # on yahoo

• Netty
    Netty

Sorry (((Colorado))), I know this hurts you. I got the same funny story from my jw family about my df'd sis. They could come to my house for a family dinner, but couldn't meet in public, because what it boiled down to is, someone may see them. They hypocrisy of it all just pisses me off.

I was devestated for years that my father refused to walk me down the aisle when I got married, since I married an unbeliever. I know your pain, I really feel this with you, hang in there.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Well, I got to go to the wedding afterall! It was awesome
    surely as you read this you are wondering...whaaaa? How?

Member the original backyard wedding that I couldnt attend cause people will be uncomfortable...............

CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The body of elders would not perform the ceremony because they felt they were marrying too quickly.........

So they went to the Justice of the Peace! FACED! did they really think they could stop her? Looks like my mom has a subversive streak in her afterall!
    she was kinda ticked off at the elders for that whole deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit