I placed seven books – should I report??????

by imfreeimfree 17 Replies latest jw friends

• potleg
    potleg

I loaned my copies of Crisis of conscience and In search of Christian freedom to a young brother who was having some very serious douts about the Org. The next thing I hear...He's joined the navy! Never saw him or the books again. Your idea of donating Cof C to libraries is good. Maybe put a sticker or note on the inside directing people to this web site and others.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Why should you ?

Let that pack of cretins know that you "placed " seven of their lies- ridden books on members of the unsuspecting public!

(PS: I don't know you asked this question!)

• mouthy
    mouthy

I donated them to public libraries.

I did too but they keep getting pinched???? But the librarians wont tell me by whom!!!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Mouthy beat me to it - I was going to say that donating Ray Franz's books to libraries is a great idea, but don't be surprised when they get stolen.

Can't imagine who would do such a thing, though...

• hubert
    hubert
    I did too but they keep getting pinched???? But the librarians wont tell me by whom!!!!

This must be why I don't ever see any in the libraries.

I was also wondering about that. If you donated the book to the library, would the library replace it, if it got stolen?

Hubert

editted to add: Do libraries have free bulletin boards for people to post whatever they want on them?

• poppers
    poppers

"And what about the form for saying how good/bad/shite your talk was? what was that one called?"

You've got to be kidding! There's actually a form for this? Who all is supposed to fill it out?

poppers - of the never been a dub class

• carla
    carla

I have thought of donating to the library as well. But, I think one of the librarians is a jw. I once had to use the computer there and printed out about 50 pages of ex jw stuff, she was not happy with me at all! I finally had to have her call the boss (who I know somewhat) and offer him a lump sum cause she was giving me a hard time. Counting each page extremely slowly, losing her place, etc..

As for my 'count', I am now up to 200 paperboxes hit with 'my literature'! The 'cease & desist' letter (how to get on the jehovahs witness do not call list) and the trifold available from Silentlambs.

carla

• yesidid
    yesidid

Well they may get pinched. But I got my first copy from the library. It didn't get pinched. Am I grateful for that?

When we used to "place" literature with the poor unsuspecting householders we knew some would get thrown out, unread.

So what if some are pinched. They can be replaced. They're not expensive.

It just needs one person to be kept or get out of the religion to make it worth it.

I think it's a great idea.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit