I placed seven books – should I report??????

by imfreeimfree 17 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Bearing in mind I do not attend meetings, and they’ve stopped calling to get the "report" I will not be able to give them the good news. What a shame. Is there somewhere else I can report?

Should I send it to the governing body direct, or does Simon collate the reports and send them on?? It’s just that I don’t want to "run ahead".

Actually, the books I placed are not ordinary, run of the mill. When read, they would open the eyes of most JWs, the KHs would empty in no time and be up for sale. The titles of the books: "Crisis of Conscience" & "In Search of Christian Freedom", by Ray Franz, (former member of the governing body).

I donated them to public libraries. Our intention is to make a contribution of these two invaluable publications to all the libraries we can locate; I believe that will be priceless service to the community. It will help enlighten the public about the WBTS system and just how deceptive and misleading the organization is. It will also present an opportunity for some honest JWs examine their faith and change their life for the better.

David

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Good job! Crisis of Conscience is ALWAYS checked out at the VPL.system, which is the only one which carries it in this region (as far as I know, but Burnaby doesn't have it).

• Satanus
    Satanus

Reporting it here is always a good thing. It's encouraging to the apostobros and apostosisses. Sending a report to ny headquarters would no doubt be very satisfying.

S

• Frog
    Frog

Just being silly...but perhaps we could draft our own S8 slip with all the top "apostate" material and forward a collective report monthly to ny?? frog

• Panda
    Panda

imfreeimfree, If you are serious our local library; the Kenedy Public Library (at which I sometimes volunteer) would accept copies of both books if you are looking for more placements with good foot traffic. Let me know.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

S8!!! Good one my little green chum.

I was always really impressed with brothers who knew the code names for kingdom forms!! I thought it meant they were more spiritual.

Now I know it just meant they were wannabe civil servants.

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

S8... God that takes me back. In fact, I'm gonna have to do some serious drinking now to stop any potential nightmares over that one. And what about the form for saying how good/bad/shite your talk was? what was that one called?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I donated them to public libraries.

What an awesome idea!

I just wrote a book for post-borg emotional healing. Now that you mentioned donations, I'm going to check into that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a great idea to counter the WTS propaganda every little bit helps, and if everyone makes a little contribution it will amount to a lot overall.

• hubert
    hubert

That is a SUPER idea, Imfree !

I think you found the best way to reach not only curious doubting j.w.'s, but the unknowing public, which should be warned against this dangerous cult.

Imagine if everyone from this forum donated a C of C book to their local library, what a great contribution this would be to bringing down the Watchtower cult !!

Let's do it, friends !!

I am !

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit