Local Needs - Apostate Warning!!

by hopetofade 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Well, they have to do one every month so it figures that they'd put it in the rotation.

Here is the standard local needs rotation:

-Love amongst the brothers (treat each other better you idiots!)

-Meeting Attendance (get here more often you idiots!)

-Service Hours (go out in service more you idiots!)

-Apostasy (see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil - you idiots!)

-Studying (study more for the meetings and personally - you idiots!)

That's how I see it.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hey Listener

LOL WOW I agree with you all the way.

I can see now that you really were a elder.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

They're afraid. They're very afraid.

DY

• AlanF
    AlanF

JWs as individuals, but especially as an organization, are really not convinced that they have "the Truth". That's why they have to keep telling themselves, "This is the truth!" and why they're so afraid of coming into contact with solid information that might force them to confront the real truth.

JWs are taught, for example, that elders are appointed by holy spirit. Yet every JW knows quite well, on a usually deeply buried level of consciousness, that something is seriously wrong with this teaching. Only by using common thought-stopping processes can these people continue on claiming to believe what they suspect deep-down is wrong. But the process is derailed by direct confrontation with words that say, "This is a false teaching and here's why." When so confronted, JWs do the equivalent of closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears, and chanting La-la-la-la-la-la!

AlanF

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

We had the same local needs talk a few weeks ago. I almost crapped my pants waiting for him to call my name out or at least call me aside after the meeting.

This must be going around or the WTS sent special letters to the service committees.

• Netty
    Netty
    I was waiting for him to make direct eye contact iwth me andsay "we know YOU have been visiting those sites!!"

You must have just been melting in your seat.

Well, I think every time the dodos do this, the only spark some peoples curiosity, and that causes them to look the stuff up anyway. We can only hope, right?

Silentlambs, named, by name. YAY! What great advertisement for silentlambs website.

Welcome!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This elder I think is pulling a fast one, he seems like a double agent to me. Now everybody gonna wanna test it out and google Watchtower. I wonder how many in your congregation already visit Silentlambs.

If I was an elder who just was finding out the truth about the truth I would do just what he did pique people curiousity by telling them not to(wink wink)type in certain words.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What other sites did they name? I'm wondering when mine is going to hit the WTS radar.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Silentlambs, named, by name. YAY! What great advertisement for silentlambs website.

that's exactly what I thought when I read the top post. This elder is slick.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I just did my apostasizing a couple of hours ago. I placed my apostate stickers on the 2 spanish watchtowers at the laundromat. In spanish of course. Advertise, Advertise, Advertise the Lie and the Liers !!!! Everyone will get an education on this Cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit