Were You Ever Really Happy or Joyful While a Witness?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think most JWs have never really experienced "real" joy or happiness in the JW environment. I don't think programmed mind controlled people can relate to "normal" things that make the average person happy. What do you think?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

The only joy I had while being a Witless was being on vacation, away from meetings and service. Disneyland has always been my favorite.

• Purza
    Purza

I THOUGHT I was happy while I was a dub -- but only because I was told I should be happy serving god. There was no joy though. I even had an elder tell me once that I need "cultivate" joy.

I think JWs go through the motions of being happy -- but they cannot know what true happiness is until they leave the cult.

Purza

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

thats a can of worms minimus! I just for the first time thought back to try and remember a period of happiness as a child.

And guess what there wasn't one - not of pure joy - every memory is tainted by some punishment for something I did wrong.

I feel really sorry for myself suddenly. I don't think I ever admitted that I wasn't happy the whole time. No wonder I'm so angry now.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup

• shera
    shera

nope

• Elsewhere
  • minimus
    minimus

JWs have no clue as to what is real fun, happiness, excitement. Placing a brochure is something "joyful" to them.

• Robdar
    Robdar

For the most part yes, I was happy and joyful. I don't think it was because I was witness though. I think that it is because I tend to be joyful and happy anyway.

Hey, I'm pretty joyous right now: I had a wonderful encounter with some wild raccoons last night that has made me smile all morning, I'm off work today, I'm putting the down payment on my new apartment and I got that promotion at work.

Care to do the happy, happy-joy, joy dance with me?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I believed I was joyful when I was told I should be joyful! But no, not a moment of genuine life satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit