Are You Too Tough on Yourself?

by Blueblades 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

omg yes! I'm still trying to break free from that little voice.

Josie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks all for your thoughts. PaulJ, measuring up when it comes to life itself and all that it entails, such as relationships, work, or anything else that we have to deal with.

How we deal with life and all that it gives us can have an affect on our health and well being.Have a good weekend everyone! Remember those still in harms way and those who died for our freedom.

Blueblades. ( on the road again with Willie and the Boys )

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

The thing is I dont know. Im fine with things at the mo, but only in the past 6 weeks have I come to know the 'truth about the truth'. I've nearly finished CoC- its taken me less that a week.

I'm not sure yet what to think/believe... but I hope to soon.

Im happier now tho, than I was in the JW's.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Paul

There is some excellent rebuttal of JW false doctrine in ISOCF too. You can read some chapters on line. For example the section about the blood issue is very good.

• Netty
    Netty
    Re: Are You Too Tough on Yourself?

YES! I hate that about me. See, there I go again.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Blue Blades. When I count it all up, I'm having one of the best relationships with myself in a long time. The critical internal dialogue is a lot less severe than has been of late. I can still get into those moments where the voices will try to discouge me with statements such as:

" you can't do that " ( i.e. formatting my computer )

" what makes you think you can do that ? " ( i.e. take a trip to a place I've never been without getting lost )

" you're not smart enough to do that " ( i.e. replacing the fuel pump in the Mark VIII )

But I find those things are just challenges to sharpen my edge, to make me a better person, to test my own abilities and usually...I come out the winner!

• delilah
    delilah

This is the biggest reason that I finally left the borg...I grew weary of trying my darndest to do ALL I could do, and hearing from the platform on Thursday night, that "it's not enough"...I tired of being told that I could do more, and feeling like I was this lazy sod-buster, when I was a single mom at the time and busting my a$$, working full-time and trying to regular pioneer. And if I missed the meeting because my child was sick, and running a fever, hellfire was reigned down upon me at the next meeting....but, no-one ever came 'round to check on us, they just sent their "meeting-attendance police over to harrass me at the next meeting. Sometimes I am hard on myself, but not like I was while a member of the borg, as I realize that I am a productive member of a normal society.

Delilah

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I guess the tougher you were on yourself, the tougher you allowed the Society to be on you. It was a lack of self esteem that brought many of us into the Collective. Now, no. No self berating. No self denegration. Nope. I don't think I ever did. Honestly, I knew I was doing all I could to meet Jehovah's requirements, I loved Jehovah with my whole heart, mind and soul and my neighbor as myself. Still do care about people and what Jehovah thinks just not what the the Board of Directors thinks. Dont be so hard on yourself. Just take care of yourself and dont be so analytical. You're fine.

W.Once

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Well, of course I'm tough on myself. At 40, it's not like I have anyone else dragging me out of bed in the morning. If I don't find a way to motivate myself to do my best every day, WHO WILL?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, i have that voice. It's good in that i like to do good work. But, it often beats the shit out of me for some things interpersonal. Also for not being motivated enough, which only makes it worse. It's mostly not the wt's fault but is because of abuse from my dad. I often tell it to f&ck off. It works for a while.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit