What kind of a response would I get if I asked the JW's at my door

by Agnes 23 Replies latest jw friends

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

"theocratic warfare" is not a term JWs use. at least i never heard it.

• Agnes
    Agnes

Thanks for all of your very interesting responses. This subject just drives me up the wall. It is hard to fathom that a cult religion would really encourage it's members to lie or shut down instead of anwering a simple question. Have family members that were once honest people until they became JW's and now find it so easy to lie. I don't intend to offend anyone...just venting. Agnes

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the thing is, that they don't do that conciously. it's a sort of brain-washing. you don't even notice you are telling a lie when defending the WTS.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think a lot will think that you are talking about pauls illustration with the bible as the sword, etc. They would probably feel that they are in a war against satan, and that the warfare is the preaching or something like it...

Thanks for all of your very interesting responses. This subject just drives me up the wall. It is hard to fathom that a cult religion would really encourage it's members to lie or shut down instead of anwering a simple question. Have family members that were once honest people until they became JW's and now find it so easy to lie. I don't intend to offend anyone...just venting. Agnes

I respectfully do not agree with you here Agns. I do not think that JW (the ordinary dubs) are lying. They do believe what they are saying. The do not have the feelng of theocatic warfare, what it is good telling lies etc. I think they are mostly honest. That is that they are fooled by the org, etc.
    Only the ones with a dubble life need to lie... Danny

• Frog
    Frog

I think most wouldn't be confident enough to answer, and would suggest a "return visit" after they had done some research. I think most would be familiar with the term, but tuned out when the definition was being vommitted from the platform. Most jw preachers would presume that the "householder" was an ex-dub since you're up with the lingo, so they'd probably quiz you for where you heard it, and then turn on their heels and bolt. Leaving feeling rather awkward about their inadequate knowledge of dub doctrine.

• willyloman
    willyloman

In order to get a response, the dub would have had to read some of the older WT publications and be familiar with the term. Since most dubs today rarely read any of their own stuff, you'd have to ask a lot of JWs that questions before you got someone who knew what the hell you were talking about. When you found one, they probably wouldn't give you a straight answer.

See how circular dub reasoning is?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Theocrappy Strategy is conducting a fade whilst persuading KLS Sunspot and Jbeanz I want Fantasies, Security, and Freedom,cause they know me so well, as do all the dubbies at Kingdom Hell.

HB

• rebel8
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Maybe I'll try that question out tomorrow.

• Agnes
    Agnes

Thank you all for your responses. Rebel 8, very interesting information. It is pretty clear that the deception is intentional, and I do agree that not all or many JW's would know this information. My family members do know what the term means and use it accordingly. Agnes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit