What kind of a response would I get if I asked the JW's at my door

by Agnes 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Agnes
    Agnes

to explain Theocratic Warfare? Agnes

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A different reply depending on the person - an elder or CO would give a different answer than ordinary publisher - but would be on the lines of cautious as serpents and innocent as lambs or something like that

• kls
    kls

They would have no idea what you are talking about because most of the braindead don't look into their own BS teaching enough to know . They will probably tell you they will comeback with the info when they talk to a elder .

• Buster
    Buster

If you had an experienced one at the door, my money would be on, "You seem to know a bit about our religion. Mind if I ask how you've learned it?"

Newer folks may not know the phrase. But if they did, they may just panic and deny.

Of course you could get some newbie that really believes the truth sets one free. That person may actually explain it as he knows it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think they'd be a little fuzzy on their explainations, but then, who's surprised.

Basic explaination as I understand it is: Any kind of activity or action which on its own is considered immoral/evil/disgusting/dishonest which is justified because it will either damage an opponent of the WTBTS, cover an embarrasment of the WTBTS, or allow the WTBTS to obtain additional funds.

For example: Malawi vs. Mexico

The brothers in Malawi have no or limited funds. They are told that they must be willing to be persecuted and even killed rather than purchase a little party card. They hold fast to the 'faith' and are violently persecuted and many killed. We read glowing reports of their faithfulness in the 'publications'.

The brothers in Mexico are growing in numbers quickly and providing a quick flow of cash for the WTBTS. Snag: young men are required to complete a certain amount of military training. WTBTS provides instructions to the brothers on how to cheat, lie and bribe their way to obtaining false certification that the young men have completed their service. They get these documents and sign them.

How is scenario two different from scenario one? Answer = $$$ for Society. Therefore scenario two is Theocratic Warfare to obtain money for WTBTS and has God's blessing.

J

• JH
    JH
    They will probably tell you they will comeback with the info when they talk to a elder .

That's theocratic ignorance

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

The head the Australian wtbts was asked about "theocratic warfare" by a Channel 9 journalist (doing an award winning story on paedophiles in the jws) and the response was, as expected :

never heard of it

What else would you expect from someone engaged in "theocratic warfare" ? Doh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

paduan, of the 'I'm not a liar because I told you so class'

• blondie
    blondie

A blank look from the average JW under 50. Those over 50 will tell you that it is permissible to be deceptive or lie to proect themselves or others from persecutors.

Elders will know that it means they can lie to the rank and file, because it is for their own good.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

I had never heard of this term until I came to this forum. Nice stuff.

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

They would tell you it is something you would understand as you study the deeper things. First lets start with chapter 1 knowlege book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit