I now know what it feels like.

by Es 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Their understanding of death is almost a denial that it exists. "They are only sleeping, soon to awake" So why should anyone get too upset, let alone tell "non believers" of such tragic events. Just make sure you dont let it stop you grieving for someone you'll miss. All the best.

• squinks
    squinks

Y know that just makes me mad enough to swear so here it comes, That is some RUDE SHIT. Some one here said its rubbing salt in the wound and isnt that the truth.

Dang that just PISSES ME OFF.

and I am truly sorry for your loss. How does that scripture go? Oh yeah "and the love of the greater number will cool off" the greater number of JW's that is.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I remember when my Dad called the day after Christmas a couple of years ago to tell me my grandma had died and he seemed genuinely surprised that I would be upset, shocked that I would have the senstivity to offer not to go to the funeral if the family would find my presence too upsetting (after all I was a worldling now and would have no sense of other people's feelings) and touched that I would get all the photos I could find that I had of grandma copied so that my mum could have the originals.

• desbah
    desbah

Es,

I'm sorry for your loss of your dear friend. I feel that you can turn this experience around for you, by remembering the good times you shared with your friend.

~desbah~

• upside/down
    upside/down

You mean you CAN'T see Christ acting like that?

Apostate!

u/d (of the I'm sorry class)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That is so rude!!!

They probably do stuff like this to keep certain people from going to the funeral or the burial. It's down right inconsiderate.

My relatives pull stuff like that with the relatives that have faded or that are non-JWs. They're ashamed to have them show up at the funeral/burial.

JWs in 'good standing' are ashamed of those in their families that have left the religion. THAT'S THE PLAIN TRUTH.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

DY

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

That just stinks! I know no words can make it better for you, but know that we all have "righteous indignation" over this. I swear the dubs have ice-water in their veins.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Sorry for your loss and for the unkindness of your relatives.

• Es
    Es

Thank you all soooo much for your kind words. Luv ya all es

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey Es,

I know how it feels..........my mom did not tell me till 3 months after my uncle died......

and my great aunt who is a witness......the only family i had other than mother and siblings..........when she died my mom called me the day before the memorial, they live about 150+miles from me.

Then she made such a big deal about how everyone wanted to meet me cuz I was a witness. It was all about show.

Its hard to stomach they act this way. I just dont get it.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit