Saw 'The Exorcist' first time last night. You'll NEVER guess what happened!

by nicolaou 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• toladest
    toladest

My husband and I started watching Steven King's "IT" in 1992 when it came on TV. As soon as we saw the laughing clown in the gutter we freaked out and turned it off and said a prayer to Jehovah. It was so hard to get to sleep that night.

After leaving the dubs and learning the difference between reality and fanatsy I watched it again. Wasn't even mildly scared. I have since watched dozens and dozens of "demonic" movies and fairy tales too. I think once you watch the first one and nothing happens, it becomes easier to watch the next. Now I don't even think about it. Funny thing is, until this subject came up I had not thought about it, but most of what I watch now would be totally condemned by the WTS. heeheehee

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"Jacob's Ladder" unsettled me worse than any horror movie I have ever seen. Wierd, freaky film.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The Exoricst was scary for me. Exorcist II & III were snooze fests.

Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead were pretty good.

The Ring was pretty scary (esp. when you watch it at night and for the first time; if you notice carefully, between instense scenes they splice in a ring).

• luna2
    luna2

I'm with Brooke, I'm not a scary movie fan (although I did mostly like Jurrasic Park lol).

Can't remember when the Exorcist came out, but I had no desire to try to see it. I did read the book, however. I stayed up until 2:30 in the morning finishing it and couldn't sleep that night at all. Had to leave a light on for the following week...ugh. Since then, I have avoided horror books as well as movies. LOL

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I just remembered an incident with my father. After having seen a horror movie once, he couldn't sleep at all that night and was still pretty shaken up in the morning when the neighbourhood dog was digging around the tree in front of our house.

Our mom let the cat out of the bag that it was some movie where a rather nice looking babysitter ends up being some kind of witch that feeds little children and babies to some evil supernatural tree (complete with demon dogs dragging the kids off to it). I never heard of this flick before. Anyone know what it could be?

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

satan doesn't bother people that please him... IT'S A TRICK!!! he already has you by the balls!!!!

bethel minute

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit