Any Lefties?

by Why Georgia 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Perhaps I am just noticing it more - but I am noticing my 10 month old son often grabs for things with his left hand and eats things with his left hand. So maybe we will have 2 lefties....I'm guessing it's still to early to tell.

At my son's first preschool they really tried to make him write right handed. The teachers felt it would be easier for him if he was right handed and always took the pencil out of his left hand and put it in his right. When I found out I got so angry because who are they to tell him how he should be? I took him out of that school because I thought if they are trying to change him because he is left handed what else are they going to try to change about him?

That may sound silly to some....

WG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've heard left-handed people are very smart, math oriented.

Hope it's not a myth.

DY

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Us lefties are the only ones in our right mind

We like to sit with our left arm free during meals so as not to constantly be bumping elbows with someone who's not in their right mind.

We have a shorter life span on average.

It's DANG HARD to find left-handed scissors!

We're creative, intelligent and artsy-fartsy.

I write left-handed just like a right-handed person does, 'cause my Mom was left-handed and she taught me how to write correctly. But my writing still sometimes slants backwards, tho not often.

Frannie

• Buster
    Buster

Frannie,

I found a left-handed store in Boston a long while ago. I love my left-handed scissors.

Lefties often notice each other in a group as they try to sit down to eat. There are only two corners at the table that we move to.

My mother is a leftie, with beautiful handwriting. In fact, she can write in both directions with either hand. But she never taught me to write, and I have miserable handwriting.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I just learned to write by watching the others, and my left hand always had this black/silver lead coating from the pencil

as I would tend to drag my hand through what I had written.....

it occurred to me that jews were left handed since they seem to write from right to left which would be infinitely easier for lefties

but when I searched for confirmation what I discovered was that originally people wrote from right to left then down and back left to right switching the direction of the letters for each line so that some were backwards....and some cultures just settled on one way vs the other arbitrarily....and the jews had just as few lefties as everyone else which can be gleaned from such statements as the oddity of Ehud being left handed, so much so that no one suspected him of hiding his sword on his right leg.... and the mention of the oddity of the left handed benjaminite warriors.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Left handed people are freaks.

Including me.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Left handed people are freaks.

Including me.

Lefties always flip "the bird" with their LEFT hand.... I think you're an imposter...or worse yet... an apostate! u/d (of the freak class)

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Aruuuuhhhh....ambidextrious?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Dang it.... I am ambidextrious.

I'm a half-breed degenerate....****sulks off dejected****

u/d (of the never quite fits in class)

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Hey, you could be one of the aposta-assistants holding the mikes for the apostapublishers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit