Any Lefties?

by Why Georgia 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Well since posting this I have found out that my Aunt who is very successful in her field is left handed and my cousin who is very smart and manipulative is also left handed.

I guess I should hope that my son is somewhere in the middle.

Here are some famous left handers...

Bill Clinton
    George Bush
    Ronald Regan
    Lenny Bruce
    Whoppie Goldberg
    Robert Redford
    Charlie Chaplin
    Albert Einstein
    Judy Garland
    Goldie Hawn
    Jimmie Hendrix
    Jack the Ripper
    Prince Charles
    Robert DeNiro
    Benjamin Franklin
    Paul McCartney
    Michelangelo
    Marilyn Monroe
    Richard Pryor
    Bruce Willis
    Queen Victoria
    Oprah Winfrey
    David Letterman
  • upside/down
    upside/down

I only do two things left handed.... eat and write.

Righty for everything else...

But I'm considered officially a "lefty"... whatever.

u/d (of the never did fit "in" class)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I only eat and write left handed as well...... everything else right. (thank god I am not alone)

Does anyone here write with both hands and can you do it at the same time?...I am just wondering if I am the only one.

Brooke

• upside/down
    upside/down

My now deceased Sicilian grandpa used to slap the sh*t out of me as a child (Good Catholic) because it was a sign that I was possesed by the Devil to eat with my left hand...

Maybe he was right... I grew up and joined a demonic cult.

u/d (of the took forty years to get my act together class)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Run out to the store and get him some decent left-handed scissors. My mom got me my first pair at twenty. Too late, mom!

The only measurable difference between lefties and righties came out of a study of baseball players (one group where handedness is tracked). It turns out lefties die younger. The author of the study speculated that we get in to more accidents since everything is backwards. I still find it awkward passing someone in a crowded hallway. I want to pass on the same side the righty does.

The Left Handed Universe

http://www.xs4all.nl/~riksmits/lhu/lhu.html

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Writing is a challenge for him...his penmanship is all backwards and I have realized from all your posts that he is trying to write like me and his daddy. This explains a lot of things.

Just like me when I was his age. I wrote horribly! Half my letters were backwards too. My parents thought there was something wrong with me! Teachers asked whether or not I was being forced to write with the wrong hand (left), it was so bad. I adjusted well enough though so that it wasn't much of an issue after 1st grade or so but my handwriting has always been pretty bad to this day. It's legible though. But who cares nowdays when most "writing" is done on a keyboard, right?

I was really good at reading, no patience for numbers and arithmetic but good at mathematical concepts.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Well I guess I am lucky we are in the age of the computer. He's been using one since he was 2 and has his own. He's playing on it right now in the other room...LOL!

He types pretty well for a little guy!

Very quick at the Hunt and Peck Method...LOL

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

lefties do tend to suffer from dyslexia more than righties.... I used to make a lot of backwards numbers too

I started out doing just about everything lefty.... but there was only 2 left handed scissors and they were always occupied in kindergarden, so I learned to do the right way... I found it hard to find left handed baseball mits so I began throwing right handed and batting right handed etc

after a while I was doing all sports right handed and found I had no aim left handed at all...so some things are just a matter of programming and practice.

with typing I dont notice any difference between hands, they say lefties have an advantage in typing as the keyboard was purposefully scrambled early on so that righties could not mash up the keys in the old style non electric typewriters.

they put a lot of important keys on the left side.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    I'm a leftie. They tend to be intelligent, good-looking, and amazing in bed.

Ditto.

I was so happy when my daughter turned out to be a lefty too. She's very artistic, musically and otherwise. I work as a graphic artist in an ad agency and there's a disproportionate number of art directors here who are left handed. I've always intended to research that, so maybe I'll have to read the book that was recommended.

• delilah
    delilah

I am a lefty also, I write with my left hand, but do everything else with my right hand...my brother is also a lefty, but he uses his left hand for everything....I am creative, and he is not...but i still love him. hahahaha

Delilah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit