Perhaps All Roads do Lead to Rome

by LouBelle 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I enjoy discussing God with people from all walks of life & all beliefs. This is just something that has been skipping about in my brain...Is it possible that God appeared to different cultures as different Gods???? To the jews of the ancient days he appeared as Yahweh, to the buddhist as Budda, to the christians as Jesus, to the moselim as Allah etc etc.

I know the witnesses taught that everyone doesn't worship the true god & not all religions lead to god. But perhaps they do & perhaps all roads lead to rome after all.

What do you think?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It's a nice thought. Reminds me of the movie "What Dreams May Come". I would think if there is a God and he isn't evil that could be a possiblity. But really anything at all is possible. I personally don't think so.

GBL

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

It is a possibility, but I can believe it.

Just why would he have done it. Create controversie?
    It does not sound logical.

I do notappreciate the WT thought that there is only one very small religion and all others are ass&*^.
    It is nice now LouBelle, to be able to think like that and see those things out loudly...

personaly I do not believe in a God but I would prefer the boeddist religion if had to chooce. Because of there live and let live mentality.

Danny

• Satanus
    Satanus

It could be a 'yes god' (like a yes man). By that, i mean that it says yes to everything. That would also mean that most of the characteristics of those gods came from the minds of the people. At the core, somewhere, is 'god'.

S

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I would think if there is a God and he isn't evil that could be a possiblity.

GBL - I think there is a loving God - it's just mans interpretations that messes things up. In a way some have 'created' an evil God (hope it makes sense, it kinda did when I wrote it!)

LouBelle, it's a good point. I often wondered that myself in the past. Maybe the closest to this idea is Hinduism (I haven't learnt much about it so forgive me if I'm wrong) where they believe all the great people who lived eg Jesus, Buddha were manifestations of God or Avatars.

When I studied Islam a few years back, I was also taught there that all these people were messengers for their own time and their own people (so they believe that Jesus was the Messiah to the Jews) so that they would understand God's message. The last prophet, Muhammad was the final messenger to the whole world because he was given God's perfect message in the Qur'an.

It makes you think if they are all pointing the same direction but just haven't realised it yet.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I thought like this when I left but it's very patchy thinking, why would he/she/it bother? Make a world, segregate people, confuse everyone with different ideas and then leave them to set about each other. The reason for all the different religions is that there's no “true” one that can't be slated by science or plan common sense. It would be nice to think that there's someone looking after us and will make it all better when we die, or that life has some greater reason but all the given solutions and made up mumbo jumbo to account for these desirers. Many will disagree with me quite vigorously but that just shows me how shaky their belief is.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am an athiest.

I believe many belief systems have similar origins. The Bible is similar to the Koran. Lots of stuff in the Bible are repetitions of previously existing beliefs and knowledge. There are many similar creation stories.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

http://www.meta-religion.com/Spiritualism/New_age/a_pre_human_civilization.htm

A pre-human civilization
    Source: THE RA MATERIAL/THE LAW OF ONE series (http://www.llresearch.org/)
    From: http://www.universal-vision.com/Articles/ET_Contact.html
    Courtesy of Universa-vision.com site

705,000 BP -- Extensive Maldek Wars (creates Maldek soul's metaphysical-astral -- knot of fear)

600,000 BP -- Confederation spiritual healing of Maldek population souls on inner 3D planes

500,000 BP -- Destruction of 3D Maldek (current "asteroid belt"), soul-transfer to Earth (Bigfoot)

Earth hosting only 2D life (mineral, plant, animal kingdoms); no native 3D human soul-groups

Eventually, highest 2D animal groups become bi-pedal 3D homo Sapiens (become ensouled)

B. EARLY HUMAN CIVILIZATION (75,000 - 25,000 BP)

75,000 BP -- Final destruction of Mars civilization / atmosphere, soul-transfer into 3D Earth bodies

Beginning of human civilization / Earth 3D evolution: 50% Martian, 25% native, 25% other 3D

Confederation / Yahweh aid to Martian souls (genetic cloning to sharpen senses/strengthen mind)

Light-Quarantine intensified around Earth (re. Yahweh action) / Human life-span -- 900 years

60,000 BP -- Orion group influence: (a) telepathic contact / (b) power-charged stone-formations in Central America/Pacific Oceana (Nazca, Easter Island; unsuccessful attempt, no negativity achieved)

58,000 BP -- Confederation initial direct aid to early Lemurian/Mu civilization (prolonged contact)

53,000 BP -- Lemurian civilization fully established (primitive group-mentality, spiritually advanced)

Later destroyed by Earth tectonic-plate readjustment / flooding; survivors, Russia, North / South America (current indigenous' groups; originally from 2D Deneb star planet)

50,000 BP -- END OF 3D MAJOR CYCLE I / No harvest of Earth 3D souls; life-span -- 700 years

46,000 BP -- Spiritual calling from Earth Maldek souls (Bigfoot) Confederation aid (love/light)

31,000 BP -- Atlantean civilization begins development (slow-growing, agrarian, conglomerate)

25,000 BP -- END OF 3D MAJOR CYCLE II / No harvest; life-span 35-100 years. (pop. -- 345,000)

S. American group (Elder Race; pop. 150; life-span 900 years.) all 4D+ harvestable yet remain in 3D human bodies (world service)

C. LATER HUMAN CIVILIZATION (18,000 - 2,300 BP)

18,000 BP -- RA contact w/Egyptians (crystal-powered bell-shaped craft); UFO-sightings only

15,000 BP -- Beginning of rapid, intensified Atlantean technological development in society

13,000 BP -- Confederation aid to Atlantis (pyramids, crystals, healing); life-span greatly reduced

Initial usage of intelligent energy for negative polarization (cloning for genetic superiority)

11,000 BP -- RA contact w/Egyptians (direct landings for teaching Law of One); meaning distorted

First major Atlantean wars, approx. 40% population death, partial migration to North Africa

10,840 BP -- Final destruction of Atlantis by nuclear/crystal-energy warfare, civilization ends

Triple migration to safe, mountainous regions: Tibet, Peru, Turkey: root of mystery schools

9,600 BP -- Final Earth Changes and sinking of Atlantean land-masses; direct result of warfare

8,500 BP -- RA enters/returns to Earth inner planes, begins thought-construction of Great Pyramid

7,500 BP -- Confederation aid to S. America: Amazon landings/teaching, pyramids/hidden cities

6,000 BP -- Great Pyramid completed (by RA/thought, instant appearance); Ikhnaton contacted

4,500 BP -- Additional pyramids constructed from physical, Earth - based materials

Orion distorts previous Yahweh intervention (builds upon elite-group biases); replaces/co-opts Yahweh telepathic contact (sends negative philosophy to Hebrews); reveals itself as UFO/fiery cloud (suggest "wrathful God" philosophy).

Confederation/Yahweh sexual/genetic intervention: strengthening Anak-group physical bodies

3,000 BP -- Orion group leaves Earth 3D skies; Confederation completes S. America aid / contact

Armageddon 4D "thought-war" of light continues/intensifies (reduces 3D negative influence)

2,600 BP -- Greek calling, Confederation aid leads to + philosophy (Heraclitus, Thales, Pericles)

2,300 BP -- Confederation aid to Egypt only (telepathic contact, love/light)

D. MODERN TIMES (1700 - 2000 AD)

1784 AD -- Increased influx of harvestable 3D souls and Wanderers, increased Confederation aid

Primarily telepathic info, love/light sent; no major UFO landings or direct contact-teaching

Positive free will philosophy (freedom, liberty, justice, democracy, human rights) developed; most teaching expresses 4D+ quality (love/compassion); Wanderers include B. Franklin, T. Jefferson

1945 AD -- Increased Confederation UFO thought-form appearance, coincides w/ nuclear age

Confederation aid to humans killed in Hiroshima/Nagasaki atomic blasts (spirit-complex healing)

Increased influx of Wanderers and 4D+ "double-bodied" children to assist Harvest/New Age

2010 - 2013 AD -- Final Earth 3D-cycle Harvest: planetary Logos/surface humanity fully 4D+

All Earth Changes complete; all electro-magnetic planetary grids readjusted; humanity 4D+ only; major influx expected of additional inter-galactic 4D+ ETs for planet-balance / support

Slow development of telepathic group interplay, Earth acceptance into local ET Confederation

-- A Summary of Themes: ET-Earth History --

Cosmic Polarity: Engine of evolution; freely chosen result of veiled 3D experience; no mistakes

Human History: Galactic drama of polarity between light and darkness, 2 players upon 2 paths

Armageddon: On-going struggle of love vs. control; as above so below; outer vs. inner history

Wanderers' Role: Visiting light-bringers; non-agenda world service in love and free will

Global Strife: Result of negatively-polarized leadership atop non-polarized social masses

The Road Ahead: Reading future from past; all players prepare for Harvest; intensified polarity

Beyond Confusion: Finding implicit order in outer chaos; impact of free will w/ infinite choice

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

It is also possible that all ideas lead you away from God, including the idea of God and the idea of all roads leading to the same place. In that case.. well you can guess the rest.

Or, ideas may simply lead nowhere.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It has been said that as all spokes of a wheel lead to the hub, all faiths lead to god.

I would say that all faiths and religions have one very, very important lesson to teach, and that is: they have nothing to teach.

Truth and wholeness are found within oneself as oneself, or not at all. Though most every religious person will tell you otherwise, God is not so tiny and limited as to be separate from what you ultimately are. So who needs a road? Where is there to go? Can religion give you what you already are? or do they just divert attention to some other time and place and thing, and support and sustain your mistaken sense of sinfulness and brokenness?

Stop your travels and you reaching out afar, and realize what has been here all along.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit