baptism ? to make one think?

by carla 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

If you could ask someone who is about to be baptized a question to make him think, what would you ask? thanks, carla

• blondie
    blondie

Explain to me what it means to be disfellowshipped and how that will affect your relationship with your JW family and friends.

Explain to me what products made from blood are allowed by the Society and what they are made of and if you will accept them.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

ask if (s)he will be baptised in the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost or if there is a different formula. if it is different, ask for biblical backup.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Did s/he carefully examine how the WTS treats its current members, before he decided to join them?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Make him/her read one of the books that have been written by ex-JWs before it`s to late. Once he/she is babtised and brainwashed enough, he/she will see all things like that like Satans propaganda, or anti-Truth propaganda written under the influence of Satan. I don`t know the names of any english/american books, as I am norwegian, but someone here must be able to help out. There was an excellent book written by an ex-elder in Norway, that came out about a year ago, called "Gud bor i Brooklyn" ("God lives in Brooklyn"), unfortunately it hasn`t been translated into english.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'd ask, are you ready to give up your life as you know it now? Your life no longer belongs to you. Blood family--say bye-bye. If you are a she--you are no longer a woman with individual rights. You are considered property. You are to be obedient and submissive. You no longer think for yourself. You now belong to an organization that hides pedophiles and ignores the children that they have harmed.

You are now a nobody!!!

What an ideal life! Why, where can I sign up???

(Someone please shoot me in the head.)

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Can you swim?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

crazyblondedeb wrote: "What an ideal life! Why, where can I sign up??? (Someone please shoot me in the head.)"

LoL,you funny. I love the picture too!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

At one time you believed that your previous religion and faith were right, but you changed your mind and decided that the WTS is right.

Have you considered the possibility that one day in the future you might change your mind again and decide that the WTS is not right? If so, are you aware that there is no honorable way to leave the organization? No matter how you choose to leave it will result in a broken family and lost friends.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

By what authority were you baptised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit