Why would someone who has disassociated allow their child to be taken to KH

by Agnes 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Agnes
    Agnes

I just read The Listeners post about baptisms at the District Conventions and didn't want to disrupt the thread. I'm curious, why would someone allow their child to attend the KH or District Convention and possibly be pressured into getting baptized? Agnes

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Agnes

This is something I don't understand either.

A friend of mine disassociated herself but still let her husband take her boy along to the meetings. After mummy stopped going he seemed so sad the poor little thing. It was strange that her little boy was still allowed to go to the meetings. But even stranger she kept attending Sunday meetings. I never quite got it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I did it. I was a believing walkaway. I was stupid.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

I allow my wife to take my 3 year old daughter. I'm worried. Maybe there will come an age where I have to put my foot down. I don't really have a spiritual alternative to offer. Right now she likes to put on a dress and be with her momma.

• inquirer
    inquirer

errrr... Goodness me! :(

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My kids and the kingdom hall - they hated it

Josie

• myself
    myself

I let my daughter go when she was visiting her father. I wanted her to have the freedom of choice. He began to take advantage of the situation by only picking her up on Sundays so he could take her to the hall. He was traveling a good distance to do this. She voiced her frustration to me that she really didn't want to go, so I confronted him about seeing the pattern that he was setting and told him to pick her up after he went to the hall. She was afraid of hurting his feelings. She did speak up to let him know she didn't want to attend.

• Es
    Es

I will tell my 3 year old everything about the borg when he is older if he decides to check it out its his decision although at least i know he knew everything bout it and would know what he was giving up such as bdays and christmas to be in it. es

• SallySue
    SallySue

I would rather let my child play with poisonous snakes than go to the Kingdom Hall.

• Tez
    Tez

I disassociated my self but didn't stop believing, if you take away a belief it has to be replaced with something, and I haven't found anything to replace it. I feel it is good to give a child the freedom of choosing whether they want it or not, but also that if they don't want to go they shouldn't be made to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit