Curious about beliefs ...Looking for friends

by KeeganAKat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hi Simon

Welcome.

Obviously you wish to know more about the Bible and where to turn for some assistance. I have been associated with the Jehovah’s Witnesses for many decades, and have only recently abandoned their form of worship. No, I have not turned against God or the Bible, on the contrary.

I have come to realize that The Watchtower Bible & tract Society, though on the surface act as if they follow the Bible, in actual fact they are controlled by the governing body, and they alone decide what the R&F are to believe; to question or disagree with them invites chastisement, disfellowshipping and separation from your friends and relatives. Please, be well informed before making any commitment.

What helped me and my wife, are books published by a former governing body member Ray Franz, who was thrown out of the headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses because he had disagreement with them on some major scriptural beliefs. His exposé is factual, accurate; an eye opener.

Once you become a JW, and are baptised, you will be obligated to follow the theologies presented by the GB; disagreement or questioning is not allowed. There is no way to depart from the JW religion honourably.

The books written by Ray Franz are: "Crisis of Conscience" & "In Search of Christian Freedom". You may order them from: [email protected]

Regards

David

• Frog
    Frog

Hi Keegan, you've received some excellent advice here, I don't think there's much I can add to it. I think it's a very nice thing that you and your girlfriend want to be part of a community group, I'm sure there are probably several Christian oriented groups in your area that will provide you with what you are looking for, friendship, contribution to the community etc. On the contrary though if you ever did decide to take up with the JW's you would be cut off from the community you are a part of, and would be expected to associate only with JW's. You would find yourself having less and less in common with your family, and would be expected to keep them at an arms length. JW's also require not sex before marriage, so if you did become assoicated with them you would be expected to get married right away, or cease all intimacy. There are some good people inside the JW organisation, but if you ever decide that the JW life isn't for you, you will be cut off and thrown away.

All the best with your search. You will find what you are looking for, but just make sure you make a very informed decision before you become to heavily involved.

frog

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's a good idea to listen to both points of view before getting involved in any group. Some more informational sites for you to visit:

www.jwinfo.50megs.com

www.silentlambs.org

www.ajwrb.org

www.freeminds.org

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This so called Christian religion is disguised as something good, but is in fact based on superstition, hatred and fear. Also on very conditional love. I have emailed you. I am sure you will make a wise and informed choice. Please be careful.

• blondie
    blondie

You should approach finding a religion at least the same way you would a car or a house; both are big investments.

What do you want in a religion?

What do you already believe that you would not give up?

Have you read the Bible without the influence of someone else's ideas?

Do you know the core beliefs of that religion? Imagine asking the salesman if another car is better than the one he is selling you?

Welcome, Blondie

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board i hope you enjoy your stay. My advice is be very careful as im sure everyone else has said that to you. Make sure you thoroughly reasearch the JW I was brought up in the religion and just accepted it as my life. BIG MISTAKE. Even my reading the posts on this forum will help you make a deciscion. es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit