Curious about beliefs ...Looking for friends

by KeeganAKat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KeeganAKat
    KeeganAKat

Hi,I'm Simon,I'm 23 years old and reside in NC.Anyways,I'm very new to all of this.Basically what happened was at work one day a JW came in and handed me a copy of Watchtower and Awake! magazines.I've just contacted The Watchtower for the home bible study..Right now my g/f and I are looking for a church and have been checking out many denominations.Any information anyone could send me about your organization would be greatly appreciated.I'd also love to converse with anyone online (Feel free to IM me...My sn is [email protected]) Thanx!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Hi,I'm Simon,I'm 23 years old and reside in NC.Anyways,I'm very new to all of this.Basically what happened was at work one day a JW came in and handed me a copy of Watchtower and Awake! magazines.I've just contacted The Watchtower for the home bible study..Right now my g/f and I are looking for a church and have been checking out many denominations.Any information anyone could send me about your organization would be greatly appreciated.I'd also love to converse with anyone online (Feel free to IM me...My sn is [email protected]) Thanx!

Some advice: Please, please, please do some research outside of what the jw gave you. Research the history and past (and present) doctrine of the Watchtower Society. Read books about the jws (the good and the bad). Be well informed and ask questions and if the jws are put off by the questions, be wary. It is always best to be well informed about an organisation before you decide to dedicate your life to it.

Josie

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

*Whistles* Boy, have you stumbled into the wrong place for what you're looking for. Or actually, maybe not. Stick around, you will definitely learn SOMETHING, though it may not be what you expected

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you want to learn the teachings of Watchtower Society without any spin and "in the raw" you can go to: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know if you realised this but the JWD forum is mainly anti JW, most people here believe that the jws are one of many dangerous, manipulative cults now operating in the world. You should carefully examine to see if a denomination is a cult or a serious religion because getting entangled in a cult can cause serious and persistent problems emotionally.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

If you and your girlfriend want to get involved, that's great. Just realize that once you do, you won't be allowed to get on forums such as this or visit other denominations. Additionally, if you ever want to change "denominations" you will be shunned by all the wonderful people who are still in the organization. And, if your girlfriend stays and you leave, or vice versa, the two of you will become "spiritual enemies" and you relationship will be ruined. Keep an open mind, and read through plenty of these posts.

• Netty
    Netty

Stick around this website, read up on some of the life stories of some of the posters who have been involved with Jehovah's witnesses. This will give you some insight, before you decide to join this religion. Also, use publications, (library, internet) that are not published by Jehovahs witnesses, to research the religion. Good luck.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Tell the JW's that you want to worship and sing praises to Jesus.

I did. That's one of the main reasons I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am a witness for Jesus, now.

• potleg
    potleg

Stay away. save youself ,your girlfriend, your families and friends a lot of heartache and grief.Many of us here made a bad decision,we got caught up with the witnesses and have paid dearly for it.

• amicus
    amicus

"I don't know if you realised this but the JWD forum is mainly anti JW, most people here believe that the jws are one of many dangerous, manipulative cults now operating in the world."

Some of us here even believe that *all* organized religion today could be considered to be "dangerous, manipulative cults".

Wasn't that the primary message of the Hebrew Scriptures...that god/human relationships were really only possible one on one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit