Sponsoring Kids

by hamsterbait 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

wow ....I have often wondered if you could really write to the kids that you sponsor

this is something I have been thinking about for a while, but haven't done anything yet...I guess I am one of the views they guy on the commercials keep talking about.

Maybe when I finally give up cigarretes I will. That would pay for the whole family...I have to stop on July 1st anyway...going on a very long road trip with the family and will be seeing my mom. If she smells smoke on me she will have a heart attack.

Are you able to send other things too, such as clothes and toys if you wanted? I was wondering, because maybe I could send some of my girls' clothes that have outgrown..ones that still are in very good condition. Maybe just a few things now and then. I know I can give them to good will, of coures, but it would be cool sometimes too to go out and get little tshirts to say Texas on them and send them.

Do they really send you pictures too?

'

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I sponsor a child through Compassion. I write to her and she writes to me and sends photos and school reports. I also sponsor two elderly people through Help the Aged as in some poorer countries, the ones who can't 'contribute' anything to society tend to be the ones who suffer.

Like everyone else who's posted says, we can't fix all the world's problems, it's a case of doing what little bit you can to aleviate a situation. It proves you care and that counts for a lot.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi There

Sorry to bring up old posts but I just wanted to say Hamster Baits topic inspired me to really do something and yesterday I began sponsoring a kiddy. I get their details in the post tomorrow!!! Yay!!!

Miss Peaches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit