Anything worth seeing in Boston?

by Pole 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

Thanks everyone. I'm taking bits and pieces of your advice to plan my stay.

Chrissy,

Thanks for all the info. I was actually planning to rent a car - but now you given me another reason to move my lazy a** around a little.

Pole

• Maverick
    Maverick

If the Sox are in town go see them. Also go see the Red Sox. Did I mention going to see the Yankee bashing Red Sox?

• jula71
    jula71
    Did I mention going to see the Yankee bashing Red Sox?

Look at the standing my friend, I can't even see the Yankee's way down there.

But, Boston, my old home. You have to walk the Freedom Trail. It's pretty amazing. Also grab lunch at Quincy Market, then if you get a chance, go to Boston Commons for a walk then right outside the Commons's gate, on the Beacon street side, across the street is the Bull and Finch Pub. That's the bar the TV show "Cheers" was based on. Then if you like lobster and seafood, I recommend Anthony's Pier 4. And of course, Fenway park, they do give give tours there all through out the day.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Thanks Annie. I'll check that. That's the kind of suggestion I was hoping to get. Are the Red Sox a hockey, baseball or American football team? LOL. Remember I'm a damned Euro who only understands soccer, basketball and voleyball ... and hockey for that matter. LOL.

Guess ya found out who the Red Sox are!!!!!!

It was only after I had posted did I realize that not being American you wouldn't probably give a hoot about American history OR the Yankee-bashing top-shelf fabulous RED SOX either, LOL!

You've had some great suggestions...wish I could go too!

hugs,

Annie

PS---The RED SOX are back on top again! (Yanks are in 3rd)

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Hi Pole,

We live between Boston and Providence Rhode Island. I would suggest going on the Duck Tours. You can get your tickets outside of the Prudential Center or the concierge at your Hotel should know how to hook you up.

The Duck Tours are these land/water anphibious vehicles that take you all over the city pointing out historical sites in a entertaining way. They also take you for a little boat ride in the Charles River. It's very fun and you will get to see the real Boston.

I know some people have suggested China Town...no offense but its nothing compared to China Town in San Francisco or Hawaii and it's not the safest part of Boston.

Harvard Square is a very ecclectic area. You shouldn't be bored at all. You can always go over by the fanatical born again Xtians that love to literally shout out their special Bible Talk. It's always amusing. There are a lot of nice restaurants and coffee shops and of course the Museums.

If you can get to the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum I think its worth it. They have a very diverse collection and it is the site of one of the biggest unsolved art heists in the world. A Degas and some others were stolen.

Have a great time..!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit