2005 "Godly Obedience" District Convention Report

by CyrusThePersian 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Funny that you got the same general impression I did at the convention. Sounds like the spewing forth of garbage is fairly consistent across the board.

So as not to hijack your thread, I noticed a couple of other things too when I went two weeks ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/92893/1.ashx

Thanks for the report!

-ithinkisee

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thanks for the update. I will keep it in the back of my mind when I attend mine.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks Cyrus - I thought what you picked out was very revealing. I hope there are some in the borg who will spot this, get angry and get out.

I hope that "some" incluide my family.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Great Synop of the convention.

I went this past Friday and it was funny to me how they chided the R\F like children that they should stay in their seats, listen with "more" than the usual attention, and not be looking around with binoculars during the talks.

The Soceity backed away from their old assertion of the generation of 1914 living through armageddon faster than a crab backing away from a pot of hot boiling water. All those old people who didn't go to school, didn't raise a family, and gave their whole life to the WT shall now be content to wait until after armageddon to get their earthly reward. They now have to look forward to death after all.

Multiple stabs at education exampled by people who had educated themselves, had a good career but left that unfullfilling activity for a life of pioneer service, always with "no regrets", endless admonitions to join the pioneer ranks interlaced with subtle innuendo that you'll have less than a "successful" life if you don't.

Didn't have the stomach to go the other two days, so I decided to stay at home and keep myself busy rather than take part in another FOG-fest masquerading as encouragement from the FDS.

• jula71
    jula71

Interesting thoughts about the resurrection. Sounds like they are trying to build faith in the "resurrection hope" because.........you will most likely die on this side of the big "A" so hang in there and don't worry. That's exactly what it sounds like to me the more I hear and think about it. Some one (sorry I forgot who said it) said it sounds like "damage control", that I believe hits the nail on the head.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

i agree with the points already made, but here are my notes anyway.

1. trying to move away from 1914 as fast as possible

2. put faith in the resurrection because you will probably die on this side of the big A. sorry bout that old-timers.

3. give the FDS unquestioning (read blind) obedience

4. college is bad...come to bethel (the bethel meeting this year is for all under 35 and single, not just 19-35...my take is that they are trying to get them wrapped up early. This was also evidenced by some very very young baptisms)

Axelspeed

• Netty
    Netty

Thanks for posting this. Just makes me wonder how my parents can continue to sit throught this same old drivel.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Sounds like they are trying to build faith in the "resurrection hope" because.........you will most likely die on this side of the big "A" so hang in there and don't worry.

Funny thing is, though, that that is what mainstream churchs have been preaching for a millenia. That is, that the resurrection hope, is what you should be waiting for since no one knows when armageddon is supposed to strike. Assuming you believe any of those "cave man" fables.

Axel

I asked my wife how many people were baptised and she couldn't tell me. She just kept going on and on about someone as old as 80 being dunked over and again because she was afraid of the water and someone else as young as eight.

I also took note of how much they stressed obedience to the organization and "those taking the lead" more than anything else.

• melmac
    melmac

Cyrus:

... doctrianal issues ...

Was that a freudian slip? LOL! Their doctrine is really like sh*t!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

95Stormfront:

With what you said about many having to wait for their reward after the big A:

I always felt that many who told others to do without or go without, never denied themselves. Just as you mentioned those who educated themselves who are decrying education for others, etc. On a similar note, I used to get angry when certain older women who had been married more than once and who were grandparents telling some young girl to stay single.

Here these people have had it all NOW and they expect to have it all AGAIN in the new system, all the while telling others to do without and to wait for their reward in never-never land!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit