I was wrong, CT Russell was something of a prophet after all...

by jaffacake 24 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Methods hinder real growth in knowledge of truth...guarded, pointed questions, with prepared answers and no time left for the bible hungry student...Bible study, skilfully directed, so that he may get no new ideas...brief sessions [one hour] more agreeable than bible study...they are led to feel they have performed a duty, and a sacrifice.

Is that for real? Yay. Can I get a copy it turn it into pdf and email it?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

zagor,

I just bought these old books, but nathan (earlier in this very thread) posted a link to a site that has the old russell publications available on line. I just pasted some into word docs.

This is the stuff the watchtower criticised the clergy for trying to burn and destroy. Its the watchtower that wants to destroy them now. The elder I study with says they let the stuff go out of print - yeah, I bet they did.

These studies in the scriptures were claimed to be more important than the Bible. Watchtower said if Christians took the Bible alone they would go into spiritual darkness, but if they took only these studies in the Scriptures, they would remain in spiritual enlightenment.

So remember folks, the Bible leads to apostasy, unlike the good old Watchtower. The choice is yours!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

http://www.bibletoday.com/booklets/litlist.htm

zagor, here is Nathan's link. look at studies in the scriptures vol 3 - thy kingdom come. chapter 7 I think - harvest.

• Gozz
    Gozz

There's about nothing as effective as old Russell articles in silencing, and more important: opening the minds of old JWs to the rot that's come to their beloved organization.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think there are many of them left since the rot set in as soon as Russell died and Rutherford took over and sealed this org with his delusional aggressive and bullying personality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit