How do you trust your partner?

by sonnyboy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Does anyone really trust their girlfriend/boyfriend around members of the appropriate sex?

I don't. I thought we had some form of trust, but I dropped my biotch off at the car dealership today and noticed a rather long conversation going on with a "questionable" neighbor (one that we've talked about before in a sexual way).

So, how do you go about building trust in a relationship? How do you know how much temptation affects your partner? Should we even care?

I'm confused. I'm beginning to think that relationships are nothing more than a hassle.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yes, I trust him. He's fiercely loyal to everyone. Why not to me also?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Well, I see loyalty and the desire to fool around as two separate things.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, but lust is one thing. Acting on the lust is quite another. If a person is loyal except for sex, they are NOT loyal.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

We are in an open relationship so therefore this isn't an issue as such. It's only sex at the end of the day after all.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

If the relationship is open, how do you know that the sex your partner is having won't lead to something else? It can happen very easily.

Why even have a relationship if it isn't monogamous? Sex can lead to much more with the right person.

• Netty
    Netty

I really trust my hubby, but then he doesn't give me a reason not to.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

There's the crux. No matter which flavor relationship you pick. No matter which rules. You must trust your mate / mates to live by the rules agreed upon. Loves a cruel mistress....but still worth it in my book.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Trust leaves one open to vulnerability. When someone's wounded when they're most vulnerable, the damage can be irrevocable.

I try to have trust for my own sake, but it seems that I'm being purposely provoked with jealousy on a daily basis. "This person was flirting with me today." "I'm going out to dinner with a friend from work (said in a provocative way)", etc.

Maybe I've simply met the wrong person.

• Netty
    Netty
    I try to have trust for my own sake, but it seems that I'm being purposely provoked with jealousy on a daily basis. "This person was flirting with me today." "I'm going out to dinner with a friend from work (said in a provocative way)", etc

That's an unfair thing to do to a person Sonny, its just mean. I think she may do it out of insecurity. Maybe by provoking you, she thinks she can make you say things to her she wants to hear, or do things she wants to you do? Just a thought. Sorry this is happening to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit