On a whim, stopped by the library for books on Jerusalems destruction

by ithinkisee 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    It's one helluva rush to go to the libraries and museums and really see for yourself how deceitful and cunning the WTBTS really is. Of course, they inherit those qualities from their master.

Exactly ... -ithinkisee

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Wait on Jehovah!!!! What a joke,they say that here too.

I once asked a CO about this 607/587 issue.We e-mailed each other for a while about it.I told my wife eventually when he definitely couldn't prove 607 he would tell me to just wait on Jehovah;and that's what he did! After thinking about this for a few years,it then occured to me:If I have to wait on Jehovah,then why didn't C.T. Russell wait on Jehovah before deciding that this unscriptural teaching would become the cornerstone of the watchtower.

Somebody didn.'t have to wait on Jehovah 130 years ago,but noe I have to because he taught a lie as truth??? You gotta be kidding?

Goldminer

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

good research; i was told by my jw dad 6 years ago to check anything out in the public library i wanted. the wt would come up smelling like roses! as i was unemployed at the time. it gave me something to do. funny in a few days dad was. begging for mercy... calling every book in the library. tools of satan. i started at the local library, next to the main county branch. finally to the 42nd street library in new york. i made copies. printouts. etc. from everything from history, plagues, earthquakes, wars, famine, and many copied pages from old wt books found in the 42nd st library. this went on for months. i had 1000's of pages. my dad would flip out every time i came home from the library. to the point of punching me or calling the police. or locking me out of the house. for a jw that sounded so smart . it didn't take long to expose all of his wt arguements. in short order. at this point i learned it's true the jw's are brainwashed. and have no sense of truth... john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

double post; although i could go on for hours.

• potleg
    potleg

Didn't Russell put the date at 606 then later realized there was no year 0, so presto it got bumped to 607. I think the average JW doesn't care, they've swallowed so much nonsence what's a little more?Anyway who can they trust besides the society?

• NeonMadman
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus

For the fellow who asked if Bible and secular history can mix, one possible reading of Jeremish 25:11,12 is that the 70 years rerpresents a time period of servitude to the Babylonian monarch. When the Assyrian capital fell in 609 to Babylonia one could mark the 70 years as occurring from 609 to 539 as Jer 25:12 pretty clearly says the king of Babylon would be called to account after the 70 years were up, not in his 68'/69th year as the WT says. That is, if you really believe in all that sort of thing.

• scholar
    scholar

ithinkisee

Congratulations on your library excursion. You have proved my point that I made to Carl Jonsson who is the author of the Jonsson hypothesis which promotes the view that Jerusalem was destroyed not in 586 but in 587. I have the view which is confirmed by your research that in fact the majority opinion amongst scholars is Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 so you post your experience to Carl Jonsson in Sweden.

By following secular chronology, an exact date for the fall of Jerusalem cannot be determined but by following WT Bible chronology, the precise date of 607 which conforms to all available evidence is sibstantiated.

scholar JW

• Honesty
    Honesty

Scholar,

You have been on my heart a lot lately and I have been praying that you will see the truth about all the WT lies.

607 BCE is always going to be supported by the apostate WTBTS because without it they can't prove that in 1919 Jesus appointed them as His voice for mankind.

Tell you what, Scholar. Why don't you start at Romans 1:1 and read the entire book. Then start at Galatians 1:1 and read the entire book. If, after reading these 2 books you still believe the WTBTS is speaking for God there is no hope for you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The year 1914 deriving from a clearly faulty chronology is so vital to their publication business that they have to defend it come what may even by being absurd and deceitful, the jws have to believe the end is near to go out preach and sell their literature while also being rendered too fearful to leave the org. It's a means of pressuring the victims psychologically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit