We are NOT appostate

by jimakazi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jim:
    There's a flaw in your analogy. The ones who actually sat the test fail, and those who never attended pass - if we're gonna screw something up, let's do it completely, huh?

LT, of the "well and truly a God-loving apostate, by the WTS definition".

• avishai
    avishai

They tell us that
    We lost our tails
    Evolving up
    From little snails
    I say it’s all
    Just wind in sails
    Are we not men?
    We are devo!
    We’re pinheads now
    We are not whole
    We’re pinheads all
    Jocko homo
    Are we not men?
    D-e-v-o
    Monkey men all
    In business suit
    Teachers and critics
    All dance the poot
    Are we not men?
    We are devo!
    Are we not men?
    D-e-v-o
    God made man
    But he used the monkey to do it
    Apes in the plan
    We’re all here to prove it
    I can walk like an ape
    Talk like an ape
    I can do what a monkey can do
    God made man
    But a monkey supplied the glue
    We must repeat
    O.k. let’s go!

• sf
    sf

Alan nails it:

the Society only officially considers former JWs who oppose it to be apostates.

As does Farkel:

the most evil word in the JW lexicon. Worse than Satan, worse than demons.

Example: 'smelly onions' poster that recently registered to the forum. He states he is inactive, yet still praises the professed virtues of the WTS. None here would classify him, as I'm sure his elders too, as the clear definition of an apostate as Alan and Farkel state above. Why?

Because it is clear he does not oppose. And he knows it. He is well aware that if he does not show signs of "going apostate" he is safe, for now. The policy of shunning is not a worry for him, now.

I have my own personal feelings and thoughts about these types of jws. I will keep it that way.

Please view MINIMUS' thread "GOING APOSTATE" [ it is in his posting history ]. You might find it helpful in comprehending this topic.

Sincerely, sKally

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Every significant piece of so called new light is apostasy, and the great apostate to this religion was Rutherford, surely?

• troucul
    troucul

I'm an apostate, I don't see what the big deal is anymore

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm an aprostate by all definitions of the word.

• trevor
    trevor

The Watchtower Society has turned apostate against it’s own teachings!

As accurate knowledge has been made the requirement for salvation, how does this requirement affect the founders of the Watchtower?

Pastor Russell, for example, not only held very different views to the present day Society, but also published them around the world. The book “The Time is at Hand,” which was quoted from earlier sold 2,000,000 copies. This was a huge achievement considering it was published over one hundred years ago. The book contained a vast amount of inaccurate knowledge. Many people left their own churches to follow him. Those churches said that Pastor Russell was teaching a false understanding of the Bible. He condemned these churches for not accepting the light.

If he, or any member of his sect were to return to earth today, they would have to reject many of the “truths” they then believed or be disfellowshipped by the present Society. However this is not how the members are instructed to view their founders. Very few know what beliefs they held. Now they have rejected their long held belief concerning This Generation not passing away before The End.

What of the sincere Christians who refused to join the Society, or left because they said it was a false prophet? In the Society's eyes, these too will perish at God's hand along with all other religions. They have stipulated that accurate knowledge is the requirement for salvation and insist that it can only be obtained from them. Without it, salvation is not possible however sincere a person may be. Does their record show that they have lived up to their own requirement?

This extract is taken from the book - Opening the door to Jehovah’s Witnesses - click on my profile for more information.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Jim:

There's a flaw in your analogy. The ones who actually sat the test fail, and those who never attended pass - if we're gonna screw something up, let's do it completely, huh?

huh?

Friday group, weekend group, monday group.

1st group fail [i.e. they didn't sit the exam] - they came on the wrong day

Weekend group come on the right days sit and pass [well some probably fail]

The last group [thinking it was Monday] fail as they cannot sit the exam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit