We are NOT appostate

by jimakazi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Not to rain on the collective parade but what makes people here think they are appostate?

Most of us have come to a rational conclusion that the JW / WTB is directed by a bunch of old men NOT directed by the holy spirit, is fallable, and cynically changes doctrine. So to be against that is not to be appostate. An appostate is one who turns people from God and Christ - some may do that here but most are merely advocates for logical rational thought, and people not needlessly wasting their lives, or having their families split up by harsh application of rules designed to instill fear. When Jesus preached forgiveness, non volence and do unto others what part did the JW's not understand?

My experience of JW's has turned me against organsied religion. I have concluded that if their is a god interested in this smallish planet, in this solar system, in this gallaxy, in this particular gallactic cluster - he probable not going to be as petty as the JW's or most organsied so called christian religions potray him. On the whole the JW's are not as bad as the fly [heaven] or fry [hell] mob. However their collective their mantra is effectively worship god our way or he will kill or cook you, with the alternative for those conforming being living or flying. Hell it's the same4 old same old to me - different crap but still at the end of the day crap designed to enslave people for the agrandisment of those in charge.

Let me put it this way [from my 1st post]. Let imagine a scenario: Setting: High school Players: a principal, the students The principal puts the final exam notice up in a crytic code. There is much debate and he refuses to give any sign he is in the office. Some kids turn up on Friday they thought the exam would be, but there was no exam, and no notice of when it would be held. Some other kids turn up on the weekend and they are lucky, sit and pass their exams. The kids from the 1st group and all the kids who thought it was monday have just failed. As imperfect human beings would we accept this? That principals arse would be toast - right? Yet we are expected to beleive that Jehovah puts critical information pertinant to our very survivial in cryptic bible passages, gives no sign that he favours any one of thousands of faiths, yet will kill you forever for not figuring it out, [AKA trusting the Watch Tower Bible and Tract society to get it right]. If this is indeed true then this would be a god I could not respect let alone love. I will NOT love someone just because to do otherwise measn they will kill me - it's insane. AKA for the catholics and every other religion that teached the same sort of stuff.

• RichieRich
  • Satanus
    Satanus
    An appostate is one who turns people from God and Christ

I am an apostate.

S

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

As am I. At least the man made definition anyway.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Not from the JW definition we are not; they would have to be "gods one true religion" for their definition of appostate to apply. The one that has us all condemed to no resurection even if we die before armagedon crap.

So then every catholic, baptist they convert is an apostate from their religion. So why do the JW's call that "oposition". I'd say the other religions are a lot more easy to live with, or without that our old friends.

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Jmakazi, I think for many it's a coopting of a "negative" designation much like Sub-Saharan Afriacan-Americans calling each other "my nigger". A mocking and rejection of the authority of the "labelers" if you will. My take on it anywaya. W.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi
    I am an apostate.

With an identity like Satanus who would have thought?

Hi - I'm agnostic

• jimakazi
    jimakazi
    a "negative" designation much like Sub-Saharan Afriacan-Americans calling each other "my nigger".

OK then so then if a JW calls us appostate we should react the same as an affican american might if called a nigger by a white man!

Could we get it accepted as a term denoting religious descrimination to a group - us - then lets sue their arses for fostering descrimination,

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Who know? In the U.S., it seems you can sue people for just about anything!

W.

• gumby
    gumby

Let's see if I understand this corrctly,

An appostate is one who turns people from God and Christ

So if a Muslim who never knew these two you speak of.......then they are apostates? Are all Budhists apostates because they do not follow christ? If a person can no longer in their heart accept christ as a true ransomer of mankind.....are they an apostate?

Yet we are expected to beleive that Jehovah puts critical information pertinant to our very survivial in cryptic bible passages, gives no sign that he favours any one of thousands of faiths, yet will kill you forever for not figuring it out, [AKA trusting the Watch Tower Bible and Tract society to get it right]. If this is indeed true then this would be a god I could not respect let alone love.
    Many read the bible and believe in the trinity. Many read the bible and do not believe in the trinity. Many read the bible and believe in a burning hell and that it's wrong to abort babies. Many read the bible and don't believe god tortures people and that abortions at the proper time is ok. Which ones of all these are apostates? If you get it wrong about if Jesus is God or not.....god will prolly kill ya. Which one of the two is the apostate one?
    I will NOT love someone just because to do otherwise measn they will kill me - it's insane. AKA for the catholics and every other religion that teached the same sort of stuff.
    Yet if you don't love and believe in Jesus.....he'll kill ya........even if you've never heard of him before like billions of people haven't. Same stuff.....different day. Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit