Spiral Binding of WT Publications

by POs Son 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is not this a testimony to the rubbish quality of the printing used by the WTS these days. I can remember as a young man watching a machine, on a Bethel visit, that laid gold lettering on the titles of the boooks. Some hope of that these days .

A cheap paperback is perhaps fitting for the "pulp fiction" that masquerades as truth in those publications

[Thanks Jgnat, i will print and laminate - perhaps It will get me some brownie points with Dub wife. I could do with them these days !]

BTW .. I checked their homepage and found an amusing little anamation as to how to use their plastic folders . No further comment frm me. http://www.mckennabookcovers.com/first_page.html

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    http://www.mckennabookcovers.com/first_page.html

Why does the lady JW have a moustache? Maybe because she can't have a beard. I always remembered how the rich people in the KH would have their name put in gold on their NWTs Another thing I didn't get is why does everyone put their name in the front of their books? It's not like it's a one of a kind! You lose your book, you go get another one!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I didn't have to read and underline a second time. In fact I didn't even go over it before the meeting. It was all done and I remembered a little of it from last time.

Amen!! You only have to study it ONCE...

And like Odrade said, with the spiral bind, no need to worry about the book snapping shut!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    All the best dubs have their books spiral bound. The smart ones cut out the km schedule for the study and make it a laminated bookmark.

Guess I wouldn't have been considered a "smart one" cuz I wrote the schedule in the inside front cover

Annie.........who was always trying to catch up.........

• Scully
    Scully

Something very weird just happened. I have Yahoo Launchcast playing in the background here... and I clicked on the link: http://www.mckennabookcovers.com/first_page.html and of course that barfy From House to House started playing.... and at the same time Launchcast started playing "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell. Sometimes I feel I've got to get away, I've got to run away...

Too Funny

It's a sign!! I'm sure of it!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not approved officially by the GB/WTBTS of PA/NY etc but even the PO at our hall who is the most diehard dub on the planet has a spiral binded TMS Schedue for all this year

• POs Son
    POs Son

I see that my folks have some sort of copied handout available for their book study every week. It looks like clippings from the KM or similar, they scan it in to the computer, then print it on the inkjet printer.... pricey! I remember the book covers from Ireland... apparently in the 1980s, they did not get literature as qucikly as the US, so they got "stuff" instead... vinyl bookmarks, book covers etc. Somewhere around here I still have a nice burgundy book cover for the large 1984 songbook.

• blondie
    blondie

Spiral binding started about when the WTS started printing their books with soft covers. I will admit that they don't lay open very well after using them for about 2 months, the covers start to shred and tear. But I did laminate the covers myself, clear contact paper, but no spirals.

I can remember when they would have the Bible and the Reasoning book bound together with the new baptism candidate's name in gold on the cover.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I can remember when they would have the Bible and the Reasoning book bound together with the new baptism candidate's name in gold on the cover.

Several brothers have had reference bibles rebound. then they carry them in service, or use them in talks, and look just like a preacher...

• blondie
    blondie
    Several brothers have had reference bibles rebound. then they carry them in service, or use them in talks, and look just like a preacher...

I've seen guys like that on TV, hanging onto this 8 1/2 x 11 Bible that is flopping around, that they hold out and point at people. One kept talking and never opened it for 3 minutes. Too distracting.

Those Bibles are heavy too. Not much use to carry such a large Bible when so few JWs ever open them to read a scripture at the door.

Reasons

1. Few people are ever home when they call

2. The ones who are aren't interested

3. JWs are more focused on showing them the WT literature than a Bible scripture

4. One CO told everyone to carry the magazines in your hand and to shove them into the hands of the householder at the door. That it was important to get the literature into their hands. That reading a Bible scripture turned people off from listening.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit