Homosexuality What the Bible Really Says...

by EvilForce 54 Replies latest social relationships

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Oh...hey we can all have fun with this thread. Jokes are ribbing (for his pleasure) are always ok :)

Nark....I'm working on your questions. Will post when I can get my thoughts formulated in a shortened and readable format.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A few additional remarks in between:

If Leviticus 18:22; 20:13 do refer to male homosexuality, it is very interesting that the only OT condemnation of it is from a ritualistic angle. Homosexuality seems to be indifferent to the Torah civil code.

This is a priestly approach, and a late one at that: the presence of qadeshim, (male) "holy ones" = hierodules or "temple prostitutes" in the monarchical period (Deuteronomy 23:18; 1 Kings 14:24; 15:12; 22:47) strongly suggests that homosexuality played a role in the former ritual arrangements.

The Leviticus HC probably reacts against this older practice. Thus far I think we agree.

However I understand it does so by formulating a sweeping, generic taboo on male homosexuality -- from a ritual angle, but not only on ritual homosexuality. Just as the forbidden heterosexual unions in the immediate HC context are not limited to what happens in the temple precincts.

Edited to add: How many of the Leviticus ritual rules do Christians consider as valid?

• Adonijah
    Adonijah

How about this:

Romans 1:26 & 27

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into the contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiveing in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.

Plus the interpertation of the "males lying with males as the would with a female" was a great work of fiction, however it would not be consistant with the rest of the text before and after that scripture...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Oh joy another WT apologist. You can't count your time by posting here on an APOSTATE SITE.

You obviously didn't read my post. Romans 1:25 talks about idolotry....so in the context it does makes sense you silly rabbit. Now please don't you have a bookstudy to prepare for? Nark,,,,I'm almost done with my reply for your questions. Thanks for your patience.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Evil,

I wanted to thank you for this post. I've always had to face a two-sided part of myself with this subject. On the one hand I've known and worked with homosexuals (male and female) who are nice, sweet, hardworking, honest, fun, happy individuals. PAST TENSE - On the other hand I must hate homosexuality because Jehovah hates homosexuality and if I lived under the Mosaic law I would stone a homosexual. I've served on one judicial committee where homosexuality was the subject. It was a one time event involving alcohol. The sin was so abhorrent to the jc that disfellowshipping was recommended. In hindsight I believe the individual was repentant and not a practicer of homosexuality - however, the anti-homosexual feelings run deep in the WTS so df'ing was done.

Since mentally freeing myself from the society I've found that I am really connecting with the open and accepting portion of my personality. I really appreciated the research you put into your post. I especially found the portion on Sodom and Gomorrah interesting. It would never have crossed my mind in a million years that the text didn't specifically discuss and say homosexuality.

Thank you for helping me become a more open minded and educated person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit