I'm thinking about getting a TATTOO?!

by Frog 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

What do ya'all think about this...'somewherelse' inquired as to whether my froggy avitar was in fact a tattoo that I'd had done, and it's got me thinking about it! I'm normally fairly opposed to body art, well for myself anyway. If you are going to get a tatt, I believe it should be something very personal, and very well thought out over a long period of time. Frog (froglett) is the name my siblings all call me, and a select group of friends. I love frogs, especially happy animated ones, they represent freedom and individuality to me. I'm also somewhat of a budding environmentalist, and as frogs have to exist in very balanced ecosystems, they also represent to me a healthy environment. Green frogs were in abundance where I grew up in the tropics in Qld, Australia too. So, I guess in a way they also remind me of parts of my childhood, when we probably did not so nice things to them!

So there you have it, that's my thought process. Let me know your thoughtsfroglett of the pond dwelling class!

• luna2
    luna2

I think that's a cool idea. Obviously, frogs meet your criteria for body art (not a faddy sort of motif for you at all), so I'd go for it. That's my problem....there's nothing that I feel meets that standard for me, so my getting a tatt would simply be to follow the crowd.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Go for it! Im thinking about getting one done, but i cant decide what to have done.

• troucul
    troucul

I bet you're french too

It's ok, I like mayonnaise with my french fries too

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

troucul.... you've lost me old chap, eh??????

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Talking about the French, doesn't "troucul" mean "arse hole" in french?... "Trou du cul", lol... tu parle pas français par hasard? Je pourrais jurer que tu ne connais pas c'que ça veut dire!!!

Frog, i think it's a great idea if it means something to you and if you don't feel that you'd go off it too quickly.

Dorayakii, of the Trou-du-cul class

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Froglett - I like it - where would you have it if you don;t mind me asking?

I toyed with the idea of getting one - I just want to see what the needle on my skin feels like - but i was told I'd have to look for another boyfriend if I did.

• TheListener
    TheListener

you're worldly.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

DO IT!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Froglett-Gotta do it! It seems to be meant for you!! Be neat to put in on your lower back, so that it looks like its jumping out of your pants! (Just a suggestion)

You always hear that people wait till their drunk/smashed to get a tatoo. For my 40th birthday and 6 month clean date, I talked myself into getting one. Since the guys were buddies with my dad, I got it free. I have a barb-wire around my right ankle, with yellow roses intertwined, and the state flag of Texas on the inside, and on the outside. Right above my ankles.

My 20 yr old thought I was crazy. I made her wait till she was 18 to get one. I had never really considered it before. She said she could understand if I would have done it when I was in an altered state of mind. Couldn't believe I'd get one "when I got so old"!!! She hasn't figured out that I'm not getting old, and she has a long way to go to keep up with me!!! Have been toying with the idea of having "100% USA Grade A" on my boob. Since thinking that one out.

The needles weren't bad. Mainly felt like alot of pricks, was tender a little above the ankle bone!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit