Can someone help me to understand?

by hiccup 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Joker 10's statement is a very good example of the JW thought twisting.

Hiccup's original question was actually "Is there anything within the religion that says that being financially successful is wrong?"

Whilst pretending to answer the original question this non-answer actually takes the hidden step of rephrasing it to address another issue:

"Why would any witness NOT say it's okay to have a good career."

Remove the NOT -

"Why would any witness say it's okay to have a career." -

That is Sirona's point: they dont say it is okay.

The unprinted propaganda from the platform is that educated people don't swallow their statements unquestioningly. If you are well off you may be materialistic or selfish, and stumble the brothers.

Your father sadly has not reached the point where he sees that the most greedy money grabbing people in the congregation are those preaching contentment with sustenance and covering, whilst climbing the property ladder and ripping people off them selves. - a bit like the Governing Body building luxury flats they can sell for a fortune when the end of the world is imminent, and moving their sorry *** of to beautiful apartments at Paterson New Jersey.

Hiccup - you will never be young again, don't put your life or career on hold for the sake of your Dad.

The older ones on this board know exactly why.

HB

• avishai
    avishai

Go back and read some of Joker10's post's to see exactly how "loving and kind" an active JW really is. I'm so glad he's stayed on here, he's actually an almost perfect example of why you don't want to become one.

• hiccup
    hiccup

The JWs have told them that they raise all of their money through "donations" and that the rest of the money is used for the betterment and enrichment of the rest of humanity. In theory that sounds lovely and I would love to be a part of that cult too but in actuality I know better. It just makes me insane to think that my father who is a very educated man in his own right could fall into this. He used to always talk about education, me going back to get my MBA or going to law school and all of that has completely stopped. Blows my mind to see how they twisted him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit