told mom to have a nice life!

by crazyblondeb 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Congratulations.

Too much emphasis is placed on family. Why is blood thicker than water?

Friends are much more important IMO because they're chosen. Family is good if everyone can get along and support one another, but if not, who needs it?

• delilah
    delilah

Congratulations Shelley...you did the right thing in order to keep your sanity...I hate it when my parents start on the "your kids are going to die at Armaggeddon" routine...they stopped for a few years, but now that they are going back to the KH full time again, they will start it all over again. Monday my mom said the "talk at the assembly was SOOOoooooooo good, I'm going to send you and your brother a copy of the transcript"...I was like.."Please mom, don't do me any favors..." My father was always on-again, off-again, and I know the fear of dying at armaggeddon, weighs heavy on his mind, and he was just recently reinstated,so the "truth bullying" will begin once again...it's inevitable....hang in there girl...my day is coming too, where I'll have to make my stand with my folks once and for all......(YIKES)...

Delilah

• Soledad
    Soledad

congratulations on your 1 year of sobriety!

I'm almost at that same breaking point with my mother. It's getting too annoying and I need my peace of mind.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I knew I did the right thing. It helps, though, coming from my 'family' now. After I hit the 'send' buttom, I knew I did the right thing. A big weight was lifted off my shoulders. It was almost spiritual!!!

Jackyn- What you described is exactly what was happening! thanks! Mom has been on that enabling and tough love. Never could figure out where the 'love' was to begin with. It eats at her, too, that I had to go "outside the box" for my recovery.

My year of clean time is still 3 weeks away. But I know I can do it. Lately when that old urge comes up, I get my ass on here. Ya'll have a way of getting my attention. I can usually feel the love and care here. Finding my new higher power, and FIRING the old was one of the best thing I ever did.

ya'll are the bomb!! shelley

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Hey Crazyblondeb

Great to see you have the guts to put her straight. As for the DF'd thing - they are supposed to be able to talk to you as family, but shouldn't be talking about spiritual stuff. I've had to basically make my parents understand this - if you want us to visit you, and see your grandchildren do no preach to us. They forget from time to time and it does get heated.

Anyway all the best on keeping clean.

Yo can do it.

• Panda
    Panda

CBD, Congratulations on a year off an addiction. That is certainly a great coup for you and a spit in the eyes of WTBS. Your discussion with Mom was totally appropriate. You are really getting rid of all the poison in your life and nothing will make you feel better than having the power to rid yourself of that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You did the right thing.

The day after I admitted my son for delusional episodes (schizophrenia and drug addiction), my sister-in-law visited him in the hospital. She told him he better clean up or else, and he had to stay in the hospital three times as long as the doctor said. Basically she lectured him about all his failures and left.

Whatever.

She wasn't there when I looked deeply in my troubled son's eyes and told him he had to stay there to get better. She has not been around to see him make smart choices for himself, and WALK OUT OF THAT HOSPITAL to a new home and a better life. She never put her arms around him and told him he is doing great, just keep making those baby steps and things will get better.

Family are those who do family things.

• Es
    Es

well done hun congrats, you must feel so much better. I know when i told my parents that i no longer could be a JW and i was marrying a worldy guy this year i felt so much better, I could move on with my life es

• Dustin
    Dustin

I feel for you. Take care, and always keep standing up for yourself, and your family.

• Mary
    Mary

My mom was reinstated a couple years ago............. Basically, she's had that damn holier than thou attitude.

That's her way of trying to compensate for being DF'd.......I've seen that countless times........you get DF'd, reinstated and suddenly you should be dressed in a white robe waving a palm branch in your hand.......they're trying sooooo hard to make everyone forget that they were DF'd, so they go overboard and become "superfine Christians"

My dad was telling me the other day that he knows this one stupid old goat who's got the holier-than-thou attitute. This bro is SO critical of anyone who "goes on vacation and doesn't attend all the meetings" that he practically screams the fact that he and his brain dead wife attend ALL the meetings while on vacation. My dad told me that when he was young, this brother was involved in some sort of car-ring theft while pioneering.........ya..........can you FEEL the love??!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit