How much whiskey do you consume in a given day?

by IronGland 36 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland
    I'm on too many drugs which say "do not take with alcohol."

Heh. Those were the one's that were usually the most fun to mix with alcohol.

• doogie
    doogie

muscle absorbs TONS of alcohol. the more muscle you have, the more you can drink without getting totally dirty drunk and without being hungover the next day. of course, your liver is still totally screwed. but who cares?...you're buzzed and all muscley. life is good.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Twenty-frive years ago I'd get well oiled, two, three times a week. Whisky, beer, gin didn't matter, if you could drink it, I drank it. Somewhere along the line I stopped. Nowdays I might have a half pint of Early Times once a year. When we moved last year I found a fifth of Rum in the rear of a bottom cabinet. About 1/4 had been used. It had been there at least ten years. Funny thing is smokings going to kill me. I guess we can all get addicted to something.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I could do a fith in about 3 days, or a 12 pack of beer. Havent had a drop in almost 5 months though. Being an elder helps you to drink more in order to cope.... at least in some cases I know of.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - I drink about half that much and I am probably slightly over-indulging

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Yes - I drink about half that much and I am probably slightly over-indulging

Anyone who has to be a regular KH-goer, and has to endure the life of a "mature" JW----and who also knows that the WTS is totally full of it-----deserves to drown the old "sorrows" as needed..............to preserve their sanity!!!!!!

just my 2 cents

Annie......who doesn't know how you can stand it! You've got to be made of finer stuff than *I* am!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I have a bottle and a half of wine every other night. If I have more then I will have a hangover and regret it.

Unless there are social commitments I tend not to drink two days in a row - as its nice to give my liver a break. I like to make sure that my wee is clear as water at least 3 days in a week.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i wish i was a drinker

so that i could drown my sorrows

so that i could fall asleep

and maybe there'd be no tomorrows

tijkmo of the just as well i dont drink class

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Tij - I'd be happy to teach ya!

LOL!

• prophecor