Mind Numbing stupidity are some current JW's that are on this board.

by skyman 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Richie,

I think you're missing the point. Hopefully after a few years under your belt you'll know it's all about helping people, no matter what stage they're at.

So, we repeat, ALL are welcome on JWD!

Ozzie

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Ozzie,

All ARE welcome. I welcome them and know that JW beliefs won't hold up to any pressure or scrutiny. The only point I was trying to make is that these apologists are here trying to defend the org from apostates, yet THEY are breaking the ORGs rules. I hope you can understand what I was trying to say.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    my brother, please donot reply to this it will be a waste of your time for i will not read it and this is the last time we talk

How typical - JW's always have to have the last word and then do the equivalent of running away with their fingers in their ears yelling LALALALALALALA in case they happen to hear something logical or reasonable that will disturb their equilibrium!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I hope you can understand what I was trying to say

I do, Richie, and it's a point well made.

What we have to do to those who may pop up as apologists for the Borg is to refute their arguments. If we can't, then we're on shaky ground. - and that's why it's so stimulating - it certainly reinforces our own convictions that the Borg is certainly not "the Troof".

• Balsam
    Balsam

I started out an apologist though I was disfellowshipped when I first came here. It took time and lots of reading but I did learn I was apologizing for that which I did not understand. I got my hehind chewed out a few times by ex-witnesses that really hate apologists. I even left for a while from posting and just read. I understand now, but it took time. I think we need to realize that these active witness are here reading because their curious, and we need to be kind to them. They know not what they say. Sure their breaking the JW rules by being here, and their intentions are to bring us back to the fold. I don't believe their intentions are mean. They talk big but it is mostly born out of ignorance. If they will stick around and read they will understand much more. We're here to help them.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    some feel that becoming a spiritual rambo will legitimize their membership here.

Ritchie, I love this point...'spiritual rambos' !

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They know not what they say.

That's very gracious of you, Balsam!

BTW we're glad you made it!

Cheers, ozzie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Yahoo Results 1 - 40 of about 35,500 for " Danny haszard

I post in THOUSANDS of locations using my real identity.

They are arrogant and ruthless egotist,a classic cult of arrogant supremacy,{e.g.master race nazis}

My devout JW maternal grandmother was just like that 50 years ago.They are that way everywhere,transcending all generations geographical locations and timelines.

Two Bible passages come to mind 2Corn 11:14 "angels of light" and Matt 7:15 'wolves in sheep's clothing"

Tell me about it................

• Confession
    Confession
    Leaving is a process - not a moment.

I agree. In fact I've been describing it as just that, "a process," since my awakening about 8 months ago. For me, it was something that had been happening throughout my life--though I had no clue about it. It was an unfolding--even though I was NOT one of those JWs who are always questioning or doubting, and was always very pro-organization.

I recall as a young elder (29 or 30) thinking, "Can't a person change their mind?" It bothered me that we were encouraged to get baptized so young, at an age in which surely no one is mentally or emotionally mature enough to say, "I now dedicate my life (in part) to recognition that the WTS is 'God's spirit-directed organization,' and under no circumstances will decide differently later, under penalty of shunning from everyone who has ever meant anything to me." I mean, I believed this stuff, but (I used to think) I'm just a human being. How, as a human being, can I arrogantly assert that another person hasn't the right to possess a different belief--no matter HOW much I believed what I did? If someone, later in life, changed his or her mind, I felt our attitude should be one that showed understanding and a confidence that what we believed really WAS The Truth. Instead there was what I considered an almost childish, angry withdrawal that demonstrated profound paranoia. So often I'd wonder, "If this is really the truth from Almighty God, why do you act so scared and desperate when someone questions it?"

I recall some of our literature explaining how wrong and childish it was for a mate to give his or her spouse the "Silent Treatment," not talking to them under certain circumstances. While I agree, I thought it every bit as childish for grown adults to do the same with the intense institutionalized shunning arrangement. It reminded me of situations that would come up between my daughter and some of the friends she had in elementary school. One domineering little girl would decide not to like another girl--and would compel those in their mutual circle of friends not to associate with her. It reminded me of a "take my ball and go home" tantrum.

I now have the same quandary with my family, about thirty of whom are Jehovah's Witnesses--including my 17 year old daughter. With my daughter I am making slow progress. She's now listening to me. The rest of my family has no clue, and I have put off deciding whether to conduct a close-mouthed fade, or try to talk to them about it.

• skyman
    skyman

The one poster that really has me smiling is JW Ben he started out willing to discuss the blood issue and was very passionate with his defending the Borg. The only problem was I have what I call my blood letter that removes any grounds that the Borg is correct. I told him if he could answer the letter and show me I was wrong I would go back to the Borg. Five Elders one C.O. have came to my house to discuss this letter and all six of them have agreed the Society is wrong. Before they came to my house they were willing to die for blood. One Elder cried and another is now one of us because of the letter. That is how powerful my blood letter is. So JW Ben refuses to contact me back after I sent him my letter. He will be one of us soon too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit