What would you do ?

by Es 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

What would you do if you knew someone had no respect for you and only associates with you coz they have to???? For months I couldnt understand why this particular person said things to me and acted a certain way to me and it only just hit me this weekend that this person actually just doesnt respect me, doesnt respect my feelings, my thoughts nothing. And only associates with me coz she has to. After months of feeling crap and stressed out ive decided not to be round this person anymore, I deserve better than that. What would you do? es

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Sounds like a good idea to me, you only need positive people in your life, the other ones will just bring you down. You have answered you own question . I feel like if they dont want to be my friend, i am not going to force them to.

• Honesty
    Honesty

First, don't do what I would and have done. Second, I would go right up to him and voice my thoghts on the matter. watch his respones and go from there.

• Es
    Es

The only thing that makes it a little awkarwd is its my fiances mother and now sister. Ive bent over backwards to be accepted and like I said its just hit me that they just dont respect me...and so now ive just said to my parnter no more i dont want to be around people like that. Some of the things they have done and said if that was one of my friends i would have told them where to go straight away. Just a little harder this time round but i have gotten to the point where i dont care anymore i need to look after me thanks all es

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That is a tough spot. Normal relationships are one thing - but these people will be in your life one way or the other for a long time.

Seems like a face to face is in order to clear the air and set the rules of engagement.

Jeff

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Es

Try to rise above them. Be the better person and don't give them any justification for their feelings towards you. Being family you have to still acknowledge them but I wouldn't go wasting my time and energy trying to please them. And the more you try the more they are going to consider themselves above you.

Your a lovely girl, respect yourself and be confident. People will notice.

Miss Peaches.

• Es
    Es

Thanks Miss peaches for your kind words.Means alot es

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think you did the right thing. Stop making efforts for them, you dont need people in your life like that.

• Es
    Es

Thanks Paul, Im glad you agree with me that I am doing the right thing, I mean i hardly see my own parents coz they cant respect me and my wishes, we were for a while seeing his mum every week plus bday dinners at least once a month so i will look like a bitch not attending but i dont even care anymore. es

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Es-

You are such a great person!! I know it hurts that they are treating you like this. But, this is their problem! Don't allow them any space to rent in your head!! My own opinion, keep your side of the street clean. As long as you know you've given your best to try and get along, don't worry about their side of the street. You are the bigger person here. But now it's your turn to set boundaries as to what you will put up with. Quit stressing out about them. It's their loss. Don't think you have to make them like you. You don't owe them any explanations or rationalizations. Why would you want to be around anyone that isn't good for you?? Show your pride, and be yourself--don't let anyone tell you are not the BEST! You are and deserve the best!!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit