Speaking slowly "for the sisters"

by Grace 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Grace
    Grace

I was looking at the long list of JW "don'ts" and "can'ts" someone posted here and I was reminded of a talk at the service meeting an elder gave once. It was from one of the most elementary of publications (aren't they all???) and the elder on the platform said, "I'll speak slowly for the Sisters." As I looked around the KH, no one seemed to even budge. Not even the sisters. That was the saddest part.

I disassociated myself over a multitude of things, and not so long ago this same elder came up to my car window when I was sitting outside the KH waiting to pick up my JW husband. I rolled down the window and the elder said, "We sure had a wonderful spiritual feast today." He was trying to coax me into coming back. I said, "I'll say this slowly.... thank you." I don't think he got the connection and a simple "thank you" and the window being rolled back up sure left him speechless.

Grace to you.

• shera
    shera

Hehehehehe...good for you.

I know when I used to listen to the elders give talks and when it came to the man/woman doodoo,I used to cringe in my seat.Good thing I never married in the JW's.I would have been a horrible JW wife.Well...really....that is a good thing.

• loosie
    loosie

I bet women talk to fast for that brother.

• Panda
    Panda

Heh heh heh

Just imagine the discussion BEFORE the elder approached your car.

elderette: "Someone should talk to her because she's made an effort to be here. You should go honey you're an elder"

Elder:"What should I say?"

elderette: "Just tell her about our fine spiritual feast. She would have enjoyed it, too."

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i hate eating the same shit every week, year after year. if i did, then i'd be at all the banquets i currently avoid. oh god i sound like an apostate!

• Swan
    Swan

That is so condescending! What a prick!

Tammy

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

The ones I really wanted to deck were the ones that would say: "Isn't he so kind and loving. Looking out for the sisters to make sure they were included."

UGGHH!!
    -Aude.

• Swan
    Swan
    "Isn't he so kind and loving. Looking out for the sisters to make sure they were included."

"..in his bedtime fantasies" was what I always thought.

That is, unless I thought, "I think he's so caring about the sisters because he's gay."

Tammy

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I have to argee with Shera. Good thing I was never married to a "brother". The first time someone made a remark like, "speak slowly for the sisters"--would be finding it necessary to have my foot removed from his ass. Also people would have to speak slowly for him. He'd have alot of brain damage, in addition to what was already there. I'm thinking there must already be alot of brain damage that the elders have in common. I'd be one of those who didn't know how to be submissive, or how to obey the husband. Then I'd be in more trouble when someone would try and tell me what kind of sex was allowed. The ones who come up with statements like that are the ones who usually make fools of themselves.

Yep- my mouth would over-ride my ass (and it's pretty big). Someone would have to put those type of elders and MSs in their place.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It isn't just the fact that this was a stupid thing to say. The fact is: how could HE even believe it is so? I know that dubs deceive themselves into believing many things are true that are not. But this??

He would have to be less than 100% to even think this is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit