Speaking slowly "for the sisters"

by Grace 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balsam
    Balsam

Oh Lordy if I had heard that comment at my KH I would have flipped right out. I flipped out on a Elder one time at a book study who said that it was righteous for a sister to say with an abusive husband who was beating her and trying to keep her from coming to the hall. That Jehovah took note of her endurance. Well it turned into a heated discussion and the Elder was forever scared of me. I did find that these self-righteous Elders would shut up if a woman got in their face challenging them. The garbage that is spewed from some of them about women was just unthinkable to me. Hey loved your comment to the donkey of an Elder when he came to your window. Good going how cool.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I bet they write the watchtowers slowly, so everyone can understand better

S

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

The strength of spirit shown by the women on this forum I wonder how any of them could have been dubs for a day let alone most of their lives.

• Grace
    Grace

What is even more interesting about this elder... he was in a car accident years ago and is now afraid to drive; therefore, his arthritic wife must do all the driving and even drops him at the door of the KH.

This stuff should be in Ripley's Believe it or Not!

Grace to you.

• luna2
    luna2

I would have sat there fuming silently...and probably excused the brother due to senility. I'm a marshmallow. Ugh.

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

That reminds me of a comment by an elder's wife saying, "Now sisters, if you have dirty dishes in your sink and unfinished laundry or housework you outta not be out in service. I was sitting up front and I turned to look at her with my mouth gaping open. I'm sure that's what I would have done had I heard that brother make that comment about speaking slowly for the sisters. He's nothing but scummy dross in my book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit