Jehovah Witnesses getting too aggressive around here!

by hubert 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I bet the householder was an ex-JW. I can't imagine JW's treating potential converts this way, unless they have really gone over the edge. There is a sector of the JW population who live and breathe according to the Watchtower, and we have just finished round three of a Resurrection series. Also just completed is the "Keep on the Watch" brochure with additional reminders that the new world is just around the corner.

This group may have been fooled in to believing it is "any day now."

• blondie
    blondie

A group of Witnesses knocked on his door

Well, if you had 2 sisters with 3 children it might seem like a group

of if it is a bad neighborhood, I have heard of 4 brothers going to the door, 2 talking to the householder and 2 standing behind to keep an eye on things

My grandfather (Bible Student) told me about some brothers who put their foot in the door to encourage the householder to listen to the whole presentation.

I know of one sister who had been working rooming houses, one rooms in a common hallway, and then went into what looked like a similar type and found out it was a single family dwelling with a similar floor plan.

But my overall experience as a JW would be to think that was a brother(s) out of their minds.

Some JWs used to walk/drive past no trespassing signs but since the WTS told them they were on their only legally if they disobeyed, few do it any more.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dan-O reminded us,

When they come inside without permission, you can shoot them.
    ...and since they're guaranteed a resurrection by the WTS, it's a win-win situation. Everybody benefits!

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

In my area, there are a few old-timers (mostly men) that still put their foot in the door. I was apalled the first time I saw it. I was very pregnant at the time, and I think that is what saved us from the cops being called, since I didn't look threatening. My partner, after putting his foot in the door to stop it being shut, actually pushed his way inside and all but pulled me in, too. The woman looked absolutely terrified, as I would have been had total strangers just shoved their way into my house. I just wanted to sink into the cracks in the floor. I was absolutely ashamed to be there.

• lawrence
    lawrence

"There is blood guilt unless you make your way into the house." pg 27. New Light Organization Book

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    In my area, there are a few old-timers (mostly men) that still put their foot in the door. I was apalled the first time I saw it. I was very pregnant at the time, and I think that is what saved us from the cops being called, since I didn't look threatening. My partner, after putting his foot in the door to stop it being shut, actually pushed his way inside and all but pulled me in, too. The woman looked absolutely terrified, as I would have been had total strangers just shoved their way into my house. I just wanted to sink into the cracks in the floor. I was absolutely ashamed to be there.

Hell, if anyone tried that crap on me, they would quickly find a laser sight on their ass. I wonder what hollow point federal rounds will do to a JW book bag.

• luna2
    luna2

I think I would have stopped going out in service a lot sooner if I'd ever been with someone who'd done that (foot in the door).

I know that if I'd ever opened the door to someone who had the audacity to muscle their way into my house, I would have called the police. No one has the right to enter my home without my permission, I don't care how many invisible angels you think you have in your color guard.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I tend to agree with Jgnat, that the house belonged to a slacker and this group came looking for evidence.
    Maybe they were looking for an ashtray, a concubine, a copy of InSearchofChristian Freedom, blood sausage, or a charity receipt?
    or worse, a copy of Millions Now Living Will Never Die!

• zev
    zev
    I wonder what hollow point federal rounds will do to a JW book bag.

makes me want to go out and buy a rifle or something to keep around the house.

just waving it around, unloaded, will keep, jw's away for a long long time.

and increase the cleaning bills for their undies....

• free2beme
    free2beme

I met a few old people in my day who would have said the same thing when I was out. Even after they let me end. Some might have thought I was meals on wheels or something. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit