Naughty children

by Ellie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

hmmmm.....God forbid the WTBS actually do something postive for the young people. Just beat them down too. Nope....horrible lot they are. No one wants to talk about all the good they are doing. Guess what? When you expect crappy things to happen.....usually crappy things happen. When you expect good things to happen....usually good things happen.

I hate this "These kids these days" garbarge. They have been saying that down thru the ages. Parents used to think the waltz was demonic and sexually suggestive. Of course Chubby Checker, Elvis, Kiss, and everyone else has been accused of similar. The more things change the more they stay the same.

If the music is too loud or the kids too loose....you're too old.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The watchtower itself says "Parents should never discipline their children in a harsh or cruel way.— Colossians 3:21 ."

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/index.htm?article=article_08.htm

Thats it now I'm confused

Evanescence

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Also the internal logic is missing - if kids ARE worse now, (and that is an entirely different debate) and its because they are more imperfect due to being the furthest away from perfection then what can the kids do about it?

If the statement is made in order to try and restore obedience, well the statement itself shows that its not possible. The kids are the most imperfect, its not their fault, like a photocopy thats been copied and copied until you can hardly read it (- opppps ive given a dub a nice analogy there to use in their next kid bashing talk, lets hope he uses it the right way). The kid cant change its genetic imperfection - might as well leave.

BTW - im a teacher and I think kids can be pretty grotty - lots of emphasis on personal rights, but none on social responsibility. I think there is a critical mass of selfish kids compared to nice kids.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

katie kitten--there is also alot of selfish adults out there compared to ones who are socially responsible.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

There is also a critical mass of selfish adults comapred to nice ones. These are the kids, grown up. Im not a kid basher, but they sure do bash me at school. It take daily will power to maintain my positive attitude and continue to offer help and constructive encouragement, when faced with overwhelming rudeness and indifference.

I entered my job with a deep desire to help, I gave up lucrative career in accountancy because I wanted to give everyone an equal chance at a good education and hence a good life. It frigentens me that my positivism and kindness is stolen from me daily by kids who really dont give a shit. I can see why adults take refuge in offices.

Sorry if I ranted a bit - I really do feel strongly about this. I tell my kids every day im not the enemy, im here to help them, im probably the last adult they will come across in life whose entire job it is to back them up, support them, help them be able to attain a better life. I listen to their personal problems, I buy them stuff that their parents should be buying them (e.g. lipalves for the kids whose lips are so chapped they are literally bleeding) They roll their eyes and laugh at me and mutter 'whats she on about stupid old cow' (and worse). They lose the lipsalves. They litter my room, and steal my stuff. They vandalise my bike and car. I maintian my positive attitude, and continue to treat them with respect and manners in the hope that a few may realise I am a decent human being on their side.

Cos once they leave school there gonna be working for the man, and hes not going to be half as nice as me.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I would agree with you Katie given my partner has the same profession as you....it has bugger all todo with imperfection though in my view it down to crap parents giving birth and bringing up crap children as a result; that being the case, the cycle runs like an ever decreasing circle.

Give me a set of decent parents and you will find half decent kids....or am I wrong, I will stand to be corrected on this one.

DB74

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Judging by the people I have met on this site id say dubs raise great children - their method seems to go like this:

tell their kids they are BAD, spank them alot, throw in either mental or physical abuse, add a dash of fear of demons and armageddon, dress them up like nerds, forbid them to join any interest groups or make their own friends, then let them find their own way out...

...when they get out they are thoughtful, considerate, intelligent human beings.

It seems pretty failsafe, but I darent try it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The organisation has totally lost the plot. Children may be born imperfect but they are not BAD. That happens with a lack of love, a lack of correct & helpful discipline, too many smacks for not being able to concentrate for 3 hours, forced to go into the ministry and speak to strangers. Did I mention lack of love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit