As a sexual abuse survivor myself.....................

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I believe if he really was a pedophile more victims would have come forward. Pedophiles do not stop. I think in this case those people were trying to extort money from him. I am sure they will do the talk show dance not to mention t.v. movies.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Bliss, I completely agree with you. My own thoughts on the subject are: whether he was to be found guilty or innocent, and no matter our personal feelings on the matter, all should be respectful of the fact that there were very serious charges against him. There were children who very possibly were hurt badly by him. The debating and protesting his innocence or guilt should have been confined to the courtroom, and involved only those who had something concrete to add to the discussion. That idiotic, hurtful display in the courthouse parking lot should never have been allowed to continue.

Myself, I think he did it. What sealed it in my mind was the fact that he paid off the family of that kid 12 or so years ago. Come on, people- if you were falsely accused of molesting a child, wouldn't you insist on testifying to prove your own innocence? Paying them off just seemed like an acknowledgement of wrongdoing to me. But of course, my opinion does not hold any weight in this matter.

• nowisee
    nowisee

insomniac....

i have thought about this too....

but if i had unlimited wealth and resources, even if i was innocent i might have wanted to pay the money just to have it go away....not to have to go through the media circus...not to have to go through months and months of trial...with questions in the public mind never to be resolved anyway no matter what action was taken.... people will believe whatever they want to believe.

i think when the allegations arose again(albeit by the most dubious of accusers) he was forced to go to trial....even though found not guilty he will forever be dealing with this...guilty or innocent.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    the MJ fans who camped outside the court with posters held up ..''Michael is innocent'' etc, were behaving like JWs and the WTS with regards to sexual abuse. What I mean is that the fans must never have entertained the possability that MJ did abuse innocent boys and got away with it. Just like the dubs who bury their heads in the sand on the same matter.

That's what bothered me about it too. No one knows the truth except for the accusers and the accused. Nuts who rush to support an accused child molester need their heads examined. Assuming he is guilty or innocent just because you've seen him on music videos is completely insane.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

MJ being convicted would have been a reversion to hysterical witch trials.

The evidence being presented was about as substancial as that presented at Salem.

Whatever ones experiences with abuse are, the law requires that a case be proved beyond reasonable doubt. This was SO not done.

If one factors out the two families who have accused Jackson (both of whom lack credibility; let's not forget in the latest trial it was claimed (by the mother) she and her family were going to be abducted by hot air balloon), and the employees who testified against him (all of whom had been fired by Jackson and who had later tried to sue him and failed), what have you got?

For the accusations to have been true,;

• Hundreds of boys who have been in contact with Jackson without anything untoward happening (which is totally unlike the profile of a pedophile) must either have 'been lucky' or stayed silent.
    • All the staff members who have never reported a thing must be disgusting monsters who knowingly work for a child molester and conceal his activities, and it's just a coincidence the one's who've said/seen anything are all disgruntled employees only come forward now years later
    • His wife must not care he will at some point abuse his sons.

I can add further factors which make it unlikely that he is guilty, but obviously the facts of the case are not what drives many people's conviction that he was guilty.

For a start, the mother went shopping and for a body wax during the weeks she was 'held hostage'. Come on people... for fricks sake... just what level of contradiction do you require in her testimony before you start to think she might be lying?

• georgefoster
    georgefoster
    I don't think he abused the children. The parents of the children allowed the children to share his bed with them, and in at least some of the cases, it was the children who asked to sleep with him, not Jackson who manipulated the events to get them into any particular situation.

Jeffro, just because the parents allowed it doesn't make it right. There are some sick parents who allow their kids to be abused, or turn a blind eye. Also, the kids may have asked to sleep with Wacko, but I doubt if they asked to be molested. He's sleeping with young boys. There are alarms on the door. What else do you need.

• Diddi Di
    Diddi Di

Whether he's guilty of sexually abusing children or not, he's still taken away the innocence of young children by continually sleeping with them in his bed.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE
    Who of us can be sure if he did abuse kids or not? How can anyone say he is guilty or innocent (except a victim if there is one)? My point is not whether he is or isn't innocent.

My point was that regardless of MJ's innocence or guilt.......people should have had enough respect for the 'possible victims'.......or victims of sexual abuse in general..............by just letting the legal sysatem (as inadequate as it is) do it's job! If MJ DID do it how is the victim feeling now? And how would that make any other possible victim feel safe and confident about reporting, charging and taking MJ on in court? They would think "no one will believe me anyhow '

I don't really care to express my personal opinion about MJ, it's not important. But I do think that it's better to err on the side of sensitivity for the victims of ANY sexual abuse. Whether MJ did it or not, for any SA victims it would have been better if people had just shut up thereby showing a degree of respect for them. Let's face it.........who can REALLY be certain that a SA court case is just either way?

The way some people treat victims of ANY sexual abuse just by favouring the perp because of who he is (as is the case in the WTS) is unthinking, insensitive and hurtful. Remember..........all MJs fans were calling him innocent from the start of the trial, before the whole case was heard and evidence presented.

Bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit