UN Question

by kilroy2 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Nazi Germany the enlisted man on the front line was not the one who should have known better, it was the officers at the top making the rules that were hung in the end. And I hope some day some where these assholes get hung.
    They sure don't get laid.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think that the GB are not aware of their numerous erroneous beliefs and actions but they just pretend to be unaware. They are clearly not stupid so they must know how wayward they are but won't admit to themselves. It's the classic example of hypocrisy.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I believe the "WHY" is that bottom line the GB is pragmatic. They saw a tangible benefit to the organization through becoming a NGO and they siezed it. This also tells me that they either don't think things through very well (since this was bound to come out eventually) or they believed the risk was worth whatever the potential rewards would be.

When telling lies, witholding the truth I think they do this to make the weak ones not to stuble...

I think the above statement is true. It also shows the lack of respect the WTS has for the thinking ability of its' members. Reasoniong people when finding out what the WTS has done and lied about are stumbled and even if they don't leave the organization, forever more have doubts about it. The WTS has done much good in teaching principles that contribute to people living upright lives. Then then they turn around and do things contrary to their own teachings which teaches the membership that at times hypocrisy is justified. I just don't understand it.

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

I havent had much contact with the borg for a while,and this issuse of the borg joing the UN was new to me. My older brother is an elder so I asked him how they explane their involment with the UN. He told me that he has no idea what i was talking about, that he had never heard of it. I thought that this might be because he has only been an elder for a year or so, he might not know all the dark little secrets so I asked some different borg. I asked about 7 or 8 other borg for an explantion and got the same answer from all of them, that they hadnt heard it, I took this to mean that none of them including by brother wanted to talk about it. Then just by chance I went to a carboot sale. While I was walking around I noticed a stall what was displaying jw magazines, so I walked up and asked the woman if she could explane the UN thing to me. After a min or two of her saying that she hadnt heard of it her mother walked up me and told me its all just propergander by the UN and the americian goverment. She wouldnt answer anymore questons about it, nor about anything else.

So what I want to know is this, how many jws know about their involment with the UN ? And of those who do know, why are they allowing themselves to believe a very weak explanation of why they were apart of the UN ?

I also tink that not alot of jws dont no about the two witness rule, I might be wrong but I think that they only find out about it when something happens to someone in their family or someone they love. Then they get their kick in the teeth.

Pete

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome Pete.
    The best place to hide something from a Witness is in the Watchtower or Awake! magazine. The people LEAST informed about the Watch Tower Society on the planet are the Witness people. The MOST willfully ignorant people on the planet are the Witness people.
    The Witness people don't know about the United Nations association and if they do know about it they have denied it or accepted the Society's lame excuses for it. Among the Witness people, I understand the United Nations association's a taboo subject and bringing it up has become a way to identify dissenters.

I've never asked a Witness about it. I never intend to.

• maj039
    maj039

on the offical watchtower website i found a page that appears to show thier support of the UN

interesting quoutes, such as "The Solution At Last" .... hmm

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/diagram_01.htm

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

welcome maj039.

Yes, little articles in "Watchng The World" in the back of the Afake Awake since 1991 showed how they complied with their obligation to support the UN.

Even though the WT was exposed about their NGO affiliation in 2001 it seems that the WT is back to publishing small articles of support again. Makes it look like the WT is in bed with the Wild Beast again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit