UN Question

by kilroy2 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I was thinking about the society being involved in the UN, and then thought that They preached that the UN was going to Destroy all religion [nondubber] soon. So when they got involved in the UN do you think it was because they know that they are full of SHIT? or do they justify their bull shit by some nonsensical reasoning? Or did they think hovie was telling the old shithead never got a piece of tail GB that it was his will?

• skyman
    skyman

I feel they really know that they are not GODS channel that is the only reasoning I can come up with. Nothing else makes sense to me. If they made a mistake they would of told the truth that they made a mistake not make a lie up that they need to join inorder to have access to the UN library. That a plane outright lie. At that time the library was open to anyone. The Society lied just like the devil does when it benefits him. So I believe the Governing Body know that they are not God channel.

• Flash
    Flash
    or do they justify their bull shit by some nonsensical reasoning?

I have the opposite opinion from Skyway (no offence). I think they believe their 'God's Channel' completely, that their 100% deluded in their thinking. So NO MATTER what they come up with on ANYTHING...it came from God first!

And yes, no matter what they do wrong, their nonsensical reasoning will MAKE them correct!

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Personally I think that they are so deluded as to believe their own lies. the GB is a good case for euthanasia

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I have thought about it as well. I kew some of the GB from working at Bethel. I heard the politics and division that existed among them. i think it would be possible to maintain the self delusion of being 'guided' by divine hand evne when complaing about fellow memebers and their stubornness. I saw the same in Elder bodies, yet for some reason never myself interpreted this as proof that the whole thing was a sham. Maybe there is something about the division of labor and collective approach to decision making that perpetuates the delusion of being divinely guided. Noone has too much authority and the individual influences are moderated by the voice of the group lending to the illusion of being merely an instrument of a larger mind.

I wondered what was discusssed when recruiting new GB. What qualities were they looking for? Where they conscious of these preferences or were the choices made by a collective subconscious to find a man who will fit in? Did they as a group silently or vocally agree that they needed someone who was more compassionate? fluent in foreign languages? a big family man? an advocate of singlness? or was it simply "hey I know a guy in Wisconsin who was a freind of so and so. "? I know Lett from his days as a CO and find it very difficult to believe he now has turned to being a deliberate conman. I have to believe that like eeveryone else they have moments of self awareness but suppress it in favor of the illusion.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

This is also the question that occupies me, since I visited this board. I can almost not imagine that the GB do not believe it themselves. I know the elders and CO, bethelithes etc. They believe it wholehartely (somethimes maybe with some doubt, but not extreme). They give basically there whole lives for it.
    When telling lies, witholding the truth I think they do this to make the weak ones not to stuble...

About the UN scandal what I do not understand: WHY they did it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

They needed an image lift in Europe and Africa. Being endorsed by the UN was a big help in getting legal recognition in a couple countries. I don't think they (I'm not sure all the GB even knew) saw it as anything other than "theocratic strategy".

• lawrence
    lawrence

When I look at the GB collective I hear the words of James -

1:23 (TWENTY) For, when any one listens to it and does not practice it, he is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror.

1:24 Although he has looked carefully at himself, he goes away, and has immediately forgotten the sort of man he is.

These old men murderous, lying, and scheming bastards will get their due; the sooner, the better.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    They needed an image lift in Europe and Africa. Being endorsed by the UN was a big help in getting legal recognition in a couple countries. I don't think they (I'm not sure all the GB even knew) saw it as anything other than "theocratic strategy".

They do have an image problem here, that is true. Ans maybe the though it would help with local tax problems. IN some countries they have problems as seeing as a organisation without profit.

• Flash
    Flash
    I have to believe that like eeveryone else they have moments of self awareness but suppress it in favor of the illusion.

I'll go with that. Didn't we all, as a matter of course, suppress the reality for the lie while we were 'loyal witnesses'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit