WT Armageddon Drawings Described as "Aluring"

by Gerard 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

When I was a kid I remember a drawing in a book, can't remember which one, it was about fornication/adultery. The drawing was of a couple from the shoulders up, the mans face if I recall correctly was not visible, only the back of his head, he had a hand on the womans naked shoulder, the womans face was bathed in pleasure, it was very erotic. I found that picture to be very inappropriate.

IMO I felt that the pictures the WT produced always made women out to be the bad ones, the women were portrayed as Jezebels, that wantonly taunted men with their sexuality.

DL76

• Gerard
    Gerard

Thanks, jgnat. I sent him that link.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've always thought one of the creepiest, most cultish things about jws was the artwork.

These aren't about the big A, but check out this bizarre art: http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/images.shtml

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Doesn't Adam know it's impolite to talk to someone's chest?

Of course, talking is probably the last thing he has on his mind!

CG

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Those pictures are disturbing! What really creeped me out was the 1st picture listed on Jgnat's link from the 'Enemies' book. The Witnesses look like a crowd of people doing the 'Hile Hitler', it's very cultish looking and actually gave me chills.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I sent the guy jgnat's link and here's his reply:

This last Website link may perhaps have been the best one you have sent me yet!
    It answers most if not all of my questions. Think about this type of pyschological message:

We hook you in with our pretty pictures emphasing a "perfect world" and then after we have hooked you--you will act, think, walk and talk the way we want you to.

It is a very creative type of propaganda!

Thank you once again for the insight.

Respectfully,

XXXX

I think that link may have done the job...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit