el jarocho mayor

Im so sorry MT, I really feel for you and your loss

• kls
    kls

That is just horrible and i am sorry

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is terrible. I am very sorry.

Please remember that your remainig dog will be grieving the loss of his buddy also, and give him lots of attention and affection.

Again, my condolences.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm sorry...

I know what it feels like to lose the dog you love...

(I hate cats though)

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

All dogs go to heaven

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I guess he had made a jail break (he jumped my fence everyday) and got hit.

Of course, noone left even a note, what do they care, its only someones dog.

People just kill me...I run over a turtle in the road and Im crying!! I couldnt live with myself if I had hit someones puppy.

Assholes all of em!

I understand that losing a dog is painful, but here you've condemend someone for hitting your dog when you didn't see what happened. You said he jumped your fence every day, yet you apparently did nothing to prevent that. A loose dog is a traffic hazzard, and could have caused a serious accident. How do you know these people are assholes? You should be ashamed that you didn't take adequate steps to prevent this when you knew he was getting out. I know that may be hard to take right now, but maybe you can learn something from this instead of blaiming hte innocent motorist who happened to have their day ruined when a lose dog ran out in front of them.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

"blaiming hte innocent motorist "

Oh yeah, the innocent motorist is not kind enough to leave a name, a number ANYTHING that might say how sorry he is or anything. I have neighbors, and a chruch next to me. If the person was concerned at all he (or she) would at least tried to contact someone regarding the dog. I know I hit a dog once in a rural area, a bull dog, and he rolled, but you know what? He got up and walked away.

Did that matter to me? NO! I still went to all the houses around to find the owner and apologize, and guess what? after the first house, the neighbor told me that it was the next doors dog. So I went and apologized, which they thought was admirable and appreciated the guesture.

If you were in the presence of me or my other dog right now, I'd thwock ya on the back of your head with my hand.

you insult me like I dont have adequate fencing or can contain my dogs... I have 5 acres of land....all chain-linked fencing, and I take extreme measures to keep my dogs safe. Sampson got out every day because he climbed fences. I swear. There were no holes underneath to dig under. He was very agile, and just put two paws in the fence and jumps. once he gets over he takes off. We have a chain for him, but it was not very long, only about 20 feet, and guess what? He would hang himself OVER the fence with the chain on. Really safe, too

So dont throw your little mighty might around me like Im a neglectful owner. Didn't your mom tell you, "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all?"

• John Doe
    John Doe

You just said you have a chain but did not use it. Get this through your thick head, I'm not talking about the well-being of the dog, although that should concern you. I'm talking about traffic safety. What if the person did try to contact you? What if they actually wrecked and had to be taken to the hospital? You knew your dog was getting out ever day, but I suppose it's everyone else's responsiblity not to use the public roads in front of your house so you can let your dog run loose as you want to? No? The fact is, you knew the measures you were taking to contain your dog weren't adequate--he continued to get loose. If you had a child that repeatedly ran out into the street, would you continue to let him do so? I'll say that you would take the proper measures no matter what those may be. If I were the driver and you acted like this to me, slapping me or whatever, you'd find yourself in small claims court for negligence. So, we have a person here who didn't contact you when YOUR ACTIONS casued them to hit your dog, although we don't know what measures they took, and yet they're assholes. You need to have a discussion with someone about personal responsibility. The dog is dead because YOU DID NOT KEEP IT CONTAINED.. That's the bottom line. I'm sorry that yo lost your dog, but I'm having a tough time feeling sympathy for you when you don't seem to take any responsibility.

• Panda
    Panda

The motorist (aka killer) was probably worried about a law suit; so no note. What gets me is that your dog may have still been alive when he got hit. I hit a neighbors dog once and took him to the vet . I paid for the surgery and that dog is still alive. So yes restraining a dog is the owners responsibility BUT the humane reaction to hitting a dog is to stop and render aid. Of course what the heck am I thinking #%$%^^^$ Humans hit people with their vehicles and don't stop... So many people treat their "pets" like some disposable commodity... I don't think Sambo's Mom was one of them.

My tears are with you. I lost mt 13 yr old Great Pyrenees 2 weeks ago. She died after cancer surgery. I had to try to save her or I would have forever felt guilty. I will miss Jasmine. Her 2 dog buddies have mourned her. They got very hyper and were up and down; on and off the porch for days. Please keep talking about your beloved canine because most of us here share your loss.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'll say one last thing to make my peace with this thread and then I'll reply no more. We do not know if the motorist stopped or not. We don't know if the dog ran off when it was hit. We do not know if the dog caused a wreck or not. We have nothing to conclude the motorist didn't stop other than there was no note left. I don't know about you, but I don't keep paper and pen in the car all the time. If I hit a dog, I'll stop. I've hit one that ran off, and didn't hit it with a tire. If the dog is dead, I'm not going to waste my time finding the owner who didn't care enough about it to keep it off the street. I'd feel awful if I let a dog get hit by a car--I don't know how I'd live with myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit