The Little Things Rub It In

by Euphemism 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kj
    kj

I hate the cult too! I'm sorry for what you're going through.

kj

• blondie
    blondie

Euph, look at this way, the only people they can talk to about you, their children, is each other. I'm sure you are part of their conversation even if they don't talk to you.

Now, in my case, I wish I could get my parents to stop having contact with me.

Blondie (may your parents see the light)

• Odrade
    Odrade

oh bleh. Yep, sounds like Pater's and my parents. Every once in awhile they all get together for dinner. Somehow it eventually "slips out." What is up with that? Why can't they just SAY "we're having dinner with your in-laws!"

Of course they still talk to us, how ever constrained the conversation may be. lol!

HEY! we should make a "I hate the cult day" and we can meet in the city or sumpin and go down to the beach and burn little watchtowers in effigy and stick voodoo needles in little voodoo NWTs! hehe. Oh yeah! and DRINK!

...wait, that was okay then, well, that's okay, we can DRINK and SPIT! on the NWT effigies!!!

okay, now that's just corny!

O

• avishai
    avishai

HEY! we should make a "I hate the cult day" and we can meet in the city or sumpin and go down to the beach and burn little watchtowers in effigy and stick voodoo needles in little voodoo NWTs! hehe. Oh yeah! and DRINK!

...wait, that was okay then, well, that's okay, we can DRINK and SPIT! on the NWT effigies!!!

okay, now that's just corny

I like it!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sorry to hear that Euph , how lame.

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

Let the dupes sit and wait in vain for their new world paradise and think that contact with the "apostates" may cause them to leave the saving org and lose it all. Those are the ideas the GB put in their heads to manipulate them into doing this most unnatural thing ie shun their family.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

HEY! we should make a "I hate the cult day"

So are we doing it, or what?

It doesn't so much upset me as I feel overwhelmed by a great sense of irony, especially when family members stop over with in-law-ex-family members, and vice-versa. Then I smile and think they deserve each other

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I know... my dad can be like this.... it doesnt make any sense. Just like the whole shunning policy. Would Jesus shun someone? No... How can they claim to be christian then?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Eupemism )))))

I know exactly what you're talking about. When you are pretty comfortable thinking that the "Watchtowerways" cannot hurt you any more----soemthing will happen to prove that it still can. I call it the Ripple Effect. Even though the stone was thrown into the pond a long time ago, the Ripple Effect of the WTS is still active somewhere/somehow in your life. Hang in there, they are bound to "get it all" 100-fold wouldn't you think?

Would Jesus shun someone? No... How can they claim to be christian then?

The WTS can (and does) claim anything it wants to in order to try and prove any point it wishes to. WHY would they even try to "do things Jesus' way, when their own ways work ever so much better for their own purposes?

Annie

edited cuz I forgot;

HEY! we should make a "I hate the cult day"

So are we doing it, or what?

Count me in!

• Es
    Es

Im so sorry this is happening to you :( It really suxs es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit