The Little Things Rub It In

by Euphemism 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Do you ever find that you think you've gotten accustomed to the shunning, and then some small, stupid thing comes along to reopen the wound? That's how I feel right now. It's been a while since I've really thought about it; the limited contact has simply become routine to me. And then, my wife and I got a message on our answering machine this afternoon.

We got a phone call from a creditor at my wife's old address--her parent's place. Her parents were out of town, and so their house-sitter (who used to be my wife's best friend) got the call. She passed it on my in-laws, who in turn left us a message.

Now guess where my in-laws were? They were in New York, visiting my parents.

Now that's the part that bugs me. I'm glad that my in-laws get along well with my parents, of course. But it makes me angry that my parents can have a closer relationship with my in-laws than they can with me, their own son.

And yeah, there's nothing new about this; it's the same old story that everyone else here deals with. But sometimes, you just gotta vent. And today, I hate the fucking cult.

• Scully
    Scully

I hear ya Euph.

I had my nose rubbed in it this past weekend too. Not a nice feeling.

• Netty
    Netty

Sorry Euphamism, that really bites! I know how it can hurt. Poor thing.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Sorry to hear that Euphemism.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Thanks, all!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sorry, Euph. They are truly under some terrible conditioning.

SNG

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Euph,

Witnesses are just not right in the melon to not see the damage their chosen religion has done to their own family. I'm sorry to hear about your pain...

J

• avishai
    avishai

Well, euph, you beautiful folks are welcome at my place anytime. Seriously. If ya ever get down south, look me up. Or, hell, make the trip if ya want, chico's fun.

(((((euph )))) Dont let the bastards get ya down.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Euphemism-I am so very feeling your pain. It is the little things that get me too. Hang in there. It just hit a nerve and soon you will be all numb again. I think it shows you to be human and normal feeling this way. It is a shame when we can adapt to such crazy behavior completely. Feeling a bit of anger an hurt show you to have a more clear head than they. I know it is of poor consolation, but I send some virtual love your way and hope you feel tougher tomorrow.

Decki

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Sorry to hear that Euph.

I've dodged this sort of experience so far though that may change in the near future. My folks have been warned that what they do to one of us (my sibs), they'll have to do to all of us.

W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit