I am now allowed to know where my sister lives

by Apostanator 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

It's been a little over 10 years since I divorced my JW ex-wife. A week after we split, my sister got married and moved. Seeing that I did not give a reason for the divorce, ( to the elders or anyone else ) my sister and her husband decided not to risk having me know their adress. I may be a spiritual danger to them. I didn't even dis-associate myself untill 1999. Anyway, it turns out that my mother will be moving in with them because of health reasons. So my sister says, " you have a right to see your mother, she's your mother too"!

The thing that sucks is that mom has alzeihmers and I feel bad because this stupid cult has prevented me from seeing her when she still had all her faculties. I've already decided to go with the flow because I don't know how much more time she has left. I just hope they can get to know their brother for who I am and not for what that cult says that I am. Time will tell.

• kls
    kls

That is so wrong what your family has done and yes go with the flow so they can see you for who you are ,a real breathing loving person that loves his family despite what they have done to you .

Good for you and my best to you .

Your sister and her spineless hubby owe you an apology. Don't conform your conduct to comply with their desire to control others. You'll only be rewarding their despicable conduct.

• skyman
    skyman

I am in the boat with you. My brother has done almost the samething. I know were he lives but I can't go onto his property.

I hope they see the B,.S. fro themselves some day.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wish you well and admire you for taking the 'High Road'.

I am often bombarded with problems such as yours that require a stand. When it happens I try to keep in mind what Christian Ethics are and do my very best to act accordingly:

*** Rbi8 Romans 12:9-21 ***
    9 Let [YOUR] love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked, cling to what is good. 10 In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another take the lead. 11 Do not loiter at YOUR business. Be aglow with the spirit. Slave for Jehovah. 12 Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer. 13 Share with the holy ones according to their needs. Follow the course of hospitality. 14 Keep on blessing those who persecute; be blessing and do not be cursing. 15 Rejoice with people who rejoice; weep with people who weep. 16 Be minded the same way toward others as to yourselves; do not be minding lofty things, but be led along with the lowly things. Do not become discreet in YOUR own eyes.
    17 Return evil for evil to no one. Provide fine things in the sight of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I agree, my sister and her spineless hubby DO owe me an apology. I know better than to look for it though, I've been disappointed too many times. I would love nothing better than to tell them to go [edited] themselves but that would just re-inforce their belief that I am the evil apostate that the Society says I am. I feel for you skyman, the cult has to use whatever tactics they can to prevent the sheep from thinking for themselves. Thanks klh and honesty. I plan to be who I am and subtly cause doubt when I see an oportunity.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I hope they see the B,.S. fro themselves some day.

I doubt they will. It sometimes takes such a blow before someone wakes up that I am not holding my breath on ever seeing any of my brain-dead family again... Damn cult...

J

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I have 'been there, done that' and we've learned much over the years about human behavior.

Don't play their games - act naturally.

Remember that hate is more damaging to you than it is to them.

Still, it's a ......well, it's an evil empire, isn't it?

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is so wierd! Do they think you're going to start stalking them or picketing outside their house with apostate signs? What's the difference if you know her address?

• blondie
    blondie

They probably think that now she has Alzheimers she is in no danger from you.

Enjoy your time with your mother as best you can. You'd be surprised how they still have moments of memory.

Abusive families and groups always have warped ideas of what love is.

Love Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit