Google adv "Meet single JW just like you"

by mad max 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mad max
    mad max

I can't understand why they have put this ad up on this site, as it is only people who are NOT JW who look at this site (and others) so why advertise "Meet single JW just like you on this site". I thought maybe it was for single EX JW, so went into that site, and low and behold it was for JW only. They were saying something like this "... we would like to say thank you so much brothers for this site as i have meet my wife/husband etc ....and thank you so much Jehovah.."

Surley google should advertise on this site for single ex jw, that would make sense to me. Not that i am looking at the moment, but for futher it would be great, then I could meet ex jw who think like me.

Does anyone know of a site for single ex jw?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, I got the same Google Alert in my email this morning.

I wonder if Google is starting to slip advertisments into their Google Alerts.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yeah well you do ex Jw's searching on the internet for partners - though I know the society STRONGLY urged us not to do this.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Like all computer-generated intelligences, google is a little stupid. It runs "Jehovah's Witnesses" through it's databanks, and finds the best match.

My dating service made a similar mistake. It matched up an evangelical Christian with a faded JW. Well, they got some of it right. Neither of us smoke.

For EX-JW's, probably the best market is http://exjw.meetup.com/

P.S. I had to laugh at the google choices for this thread. "Leather Jehovah's Witnesses". Bookbinding was NOT the first thing that came to mind.

• Barbie
    Barbie

Hi I am new to this site.

I am currently a JW – but not baptised. I still attend meetings but I am wanting to stop.

Please let me know how you feel about this:

I have been going out with a guy for 2 years (a baptised bro) (who is planning on leaving meetings too).

I have to hide the fact that I have been in love with him for two years because it is WRONG for an unbaptised person to date a baptised brother.

So basically, the guy I love so much, I cant go out with him unless I’m baptised, and I’m getting all this crap from people to “take it slow” and “not to see eachother often as its wrong” WHAT? As if I am gonna stay in this “faith” and not be able to have a partner, we were made to have these feelings and we’re being told to keep them to ourselves until we are “mature spiritually”. What a load of nonsense!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

because it is WRONG for an unbaptised person to date a baptised brother.

says who? don't get baptised... saves you a whole lotta trouble. glad your crush is stopping too, congrats.

• mad max
    mad max

Hi Barbie and a very WARM WELCOME.

How I feel is this LEAVE

BOTH OF YOU

but as I am sure you know if this guy of yours leaves the elders will seek him out to ask what is his intenstions: to stay in the org. or staying with you.

What ever you do, dont just say to the elders that you want to get babtized, I am amazed that they or the "very concerned" sisters have not ask you already.

keep posting here.

• mad max
    mad max

oooh and another thing, when you get married the WTBTS will get into your bed and tell you and this guy what you can do and what you can't.

• Simon
    Simon

Whenever computers try to 'pretend' to be intelligent you will end up with something like this.

However, it is an appropriate add given the site content and the target audience so hey, who cares!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Plus, Simon probably gets a *small* kickback for those of you who like to venture outside of this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit