I had an odd day today......

by love11 24 Replies latest social relationships

• Dustin
    Dustin

I read all your posts on this subject, and find it very interesting. I am begining the phase of being treated like I don't exist by my parents. It's been months since we talked. I appreciated how you said you were thankful she gave birth to you, and felt sorry for her because of the bad decisions she made regarding her family. I see the direction my parents are taking with me. I hope to maintain an attitude like yours. Best of luck in your newfound conversations with her.

• love11
    love11

Thanks Dustin, It's been many years for me since I talked with my mom, so I've had more time to think about everything. It's only been this year that I've been able to change my views on her. I've been through anger, hurt, a broken spirit, and I behaved badly during those times. I guess the reason that I have changed how I view my parents is because I have emotionally disconnected myself and they can no longer hurt me but also because this year I have grown up. I don't want to rehash the past anymore and it's time for me to get on with my life. My parents have made their decisions and I'm no longer spending my precious time waiting and hoping that they change their mind about things or being hurt because they are not acting the way I think a parent should act. It's my time to be a parent now, I parent my children and I even parent myself. When I'm feeling bad, I tell myself the nurturing things I need to hear to get me through whatever situation I need help with. Try not to beat yourself up when you go through the anger and hurt, it's a normal feeling to go through when a human is abandoned and regected. I hope this insight on what I've been through can help you and others in some way. I think knowing what comes next helps you prepare mentally for it when it comes down the road.

• Adonijah
    Adonijah

That is true, anyone who does tell a parent to stop loving their children is insane, whoever, she chose to stop talking to you, she chose to tell you that if you and you children are going to die at armaggeddon she might as well get used to it. It sounds to me like your made a lot of choices. You mentioned that your disfellowshipped, ask your self, why were you disfellowshipped?, and were in the bible does it say that what I did was wrong?, Did I know how this would effect Jehovah or my mom and did I care?. Also as for your personal tragedies, they seem to be based on the choices in you made, yet you blame your mom, this evil organization ect...Really it's tiresome.

• love11
    love11

I was disfellowshipped for something I didn't do. The elders wouldn't believe me. That is how I knew that god was not backing these elders because god knew the truth of what happened and he would tell the elders that in some way so that I wouldn't be disfellowshipped.

Obviously, you have alot to learn about how the elders REALLY come to their decisions. So I'll forgive you for your ignorance. But one day, you may know, then you'll be sitting on the other side of the fence and coming to the same conclusion I have.

Intolerance....m..m..m.

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

I very much agree my parents did the same thing to me for about 4 years. Happily they started to talk to be again before my fathers passing away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit