I had an odd day today......

by love11 24 Replies latest social relationships

• Netty
    Netty
    I will never have the mother/ daughter relationship that every person should experience

I think this very thought too!

But wow, I am so happy for you that you had this wonderful experience with your mother. How incredible for you, and that you felt peace, good for you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Good outcome, let's hope she realises that nobody is in danger of dying soon at the big A and stops worrying about it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very sad. It sounds like she is starting to wonder if "the end" is really as close as the WTS wants her to believe.

• love11
    love11

I talked to my friend today and she said that her dad invited her over to stay with them in their spare bedroom!

I'm curious............did they have a talk recently on how to get disfellowshipped people back in the congregation. Because it just seems a little weird to me that both me and my friend are having this experience. When devils turn into angels, watch out!

I don't know what caused this act of kindness with my mom, but I'm glad she didn't act her old self in front of my kids.

I remember when I lived at her house after I was dsf and I had to wait to eat after the rest of them ate. Now she's inviting me out for breakfast and lunch. Also, we were invited to go to the zoo on Monday.

I'm just riding this wave until I figure out what's going on.

• love11
    love11

By the way, thanks everyone for your response and support.

• luna2
    luna2
    did they have a talk recently on how to get disfellowshipped people back in the congregation. Because it just seems a little weird to me that both me and my friend are having this experience. When devils turn into angels, watch out!

At least you are aware of the possibility....which stinks, but you won't be totally shocked if that's what this more loving and less judgmental attitude is about.

I hope, hope, hope that's not the case and that your mom (and your friend's dad) are realizing how cruel the borg's directives are and how much they've missed you over the years.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    I will never have the mother/ daughter relationship that every person should experience.

Ditto, but I'm learning from my mother's mistakes. What happened with her and I will NOT happen with my daughter and me.

Not to be morbid, but you might want to inquire after her health. Your experience is very similar to my own, cutting off the grandkid, getting back in contact after three years, acting like we'd been talking all along. Except my mom did it because her cancer recurred.

Maybe your mother has just learned a little bit more about life and what's really important in the past nine years. One thing you do know for sure is that as much as you may have missed her, she probably missed you two or three times as much. How empty would you feel every day without one of your children?

Enjoy the zoo!

• love11
    love11

Hemp- I thought about that possibility too. I don't know, but I just want to have peace when I'm with her. After years of fighting, it lost it's importance. I've never cared what her beliefs were, it was always the other way around.

Hopefully, that's not the case. But if so, I can feel good about how I acted towards her. Tonight I'm going to talk to my sister and see why my other sister hasn't seen my mom. She picked her up from the airport so I wonder if something happened. I'll find out and let you know.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Love11,

That part about "then she looked a little sad" brought tears to my eyes. Sounds just like my mom, and I feel like I'm reading about my future when I read your post. My mom is in her 50s. I don't have kids yet, but I can so see my mom doing something like that and then regretting it 10 years later. (And mom lives in Florida!) That's one of the main reasons we don't move back there, because who knows at any moment she decides to cut me off, and then I've just moved "closer to family" for nothing. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

GG

• love11
    love11

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, good girl. Today, my mom came over to my house for dinner. Afterwards, she showed us pictures of her new life. The whole time she was here she just kept talking about things she has done and telling us about all of the vacations she's been on. She told me about her diamond ring that was so big she kept snagging it on everything and so she took one of her pinky rings to make a new engagement out of it. Her pinky ring was just something small, she said- it was 1 carat!!!!! Then she told me about her new RV that they bought, but it was only a 18 ft winabego (spelling?) !

It's amazing how selfish someone can be. I haven't been to the dentist in years, never went on a honeymoon or a vacation, I lost a baby from malnutrition, I've struggled to go to college (yet manage to have a 4.0 GPA with 2 kids), we live paycheck to paycheck, we now considered just middle class instead of low income that we used to be, we still rent, I have one car that is 5 years old, and we have no babysitter to ever get a break (except for the YMCA)............................

Yet............................. I am richer than she'll ever be! I was so proud of the family I have made. My children loved her and was sad to see her go, even though she showed no emotion towards them. My children and husband excepted her religion and her with open arms, all she showed was intolerance and a sense of being "uncomfortable" with her own family. She let us know that her schedule was just too busy to see my family again before she leaves town because of all the witnesses she has to visit, even though she said that she wouldn't probably be back. My kids were just so precious they kept begging her to stay, they even gave her some of their toys so that she would want to stay. Me and my husband went all over town trying to find the right ingredients for this authentic mexican food we made for supper. We showed her more love in our little pinky than she could ever understand. I'm am proud of who I have become and the family I now have. I am so glad that I didn't see her any sooner, because she would have seen a different person than I am today.

Thank you so much everyone for leaving such a unforgiving, conditional organization. Anyone that tells a mother, it's ok with god not to show love towards your own children, is insane. I am so glad that I am far, far away from those people. There is no god in that religion- ONLY men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit